卷福 | 在理查三世葬礼上朗诵诗歌《Richard》

外语2017-12-25 06:03:00 1.6万
声音简介

And now the actor Benedict Cumberbatch will read a special poem, written by Poet Laureate commissioned by the Cathedral here in Leicester, from Carol Ann Duff. Cumberbatch is due to plan King Richard III in The Hollow Crown: The War of Roses. He is also a cousin of Richard. 

受莱斯特塔教堂之托,演员本尼迪克特·康伯巴奇将登台朗读由“桂冠诗人”卡罗尔·安·达菲创作的挽诗。康伯巴奇将在英剧《空王冠:玫瑰战争》中扮演国王理查三世,他本人也是理查三世的远亲。

 

Richard

 

My bones, scripted in light, upon cold soil, a human braille.

我的骸骨,在光影之中坠落冰冷尘土,俨然人骨盲文。

 

My skull, scared by a crown, emptied of history.

我的头颅被王冠划下伤痕,被历史掏空。

 

Describe my soul as incense, votive, vanishing;

我的灵魂犹如焚香,虔诚还原,袅袅消逝;

 

Your own the same.

而你们的灵魂亦同。

 

Grant me the carving of my name,

请允许镌刻我之姓名,

 

These relies, bless.

让这幅骸骨得以安息。

 

Imagine you re-tie a broken string and on its thread a cross,

试想你把断裂的生命之线又重新交叉系起,

 

The symbol severed me from when I died.

那便是我生命被折断的句点。

 

The end of time,

而时间的终结,

 

The unknown, unfelt loss.

是未知,不可感受的逝去。

 

Unless the resurrection of the Dead,

若非是起死回生,

 

Or I once dreamed of this,

或是如我梦里所见,

 

Your future breath in prayer for me,

你在未来为我祷告,

 

Lost long, forever found;

而我迷失已久,无法找寻;

 

Or sensed you from the backstage of my death,

抑或我在死亡背后感受你,

 

As kings glimpse shadows on a battleground.

如同国王在战场瞥见敌影。

用户评论(2)
展示条数:
20条
  • 20条
  • 50条
  • 100条

表情0/300
玉谿生Gatsby

玉谿生Gatsby

Rest in peace.Bless

听书、听课、听段子 6亿用户的选择!
下载客户端