S02E06
Scene 1
Looking out at your fresh young faces, I remember when I too was deciding my academic future as a lowly graduate student.
看着你们这些年轻的新鲜面孔,不禁想起了当年还是小研究生时我决定步入学术道路的那一刻。
Of course, I was 14.
当然,那时我才14岁。
And I'd already achieved more than most of you could ever hope to, despite my 9:00 bedtime.
那时即使我9点就得睡觉,也已小有成就,令在座大多数人至今望尘莫及。
Now, there may be one or two of you in this room who has what it takes to succeed in theoretical physics.
你们中或许有一两位具备天赋,在理论物理上有所建树,
Although, it's more likely that you'll spend your scientific careers teaching fifth graders how to make papier mache volcanoes with baking soda lava.
当然啦,各位的科学前程将更有可能教五年级学生怎样用烘烤苏打粉来糊个纸火山。
In short, any one who told you that you would someday be able to make any significant contribution to physics, played a cruel trick on you, a cruel trick indeed.
总之,要是有人告诉你们有朝一日能对物理做出巨大贡献,那完全是一个残忍的笑话,太残忍了。
Any questions? Of course not.
有问题吗?自然没有了。
I weep for the future of science. Now if you'll excuse me, the latest issue of Batman is out.
真为科学的未来感到悲哀。恕我不奉陪,最新的蝙蝠侠发行了。
Scene 2
Where you going? 4A.
你去哪家呢?4A。
Oh, are you here to see Leonard?
是来找兰纳德的吧?
No, Dr. Cooper.
不是,我找库泊博士。
Dr. Sheldon Cooper?
你说的是谢尔顿·库泊博士?
We're having dinner.
我们要共进晚餐。
Sheldon Cooper? Tall, thin, looks a little like a giant praying mantis?
你确信是谢尔顿·库泊?那个瘦瘦高高长得像巨人版螳螂煞星的?
He is cute, isn't he?
他好帅的是吧?
Hi, Leonard.
你好兰纳德。
Hey, Ramona.Come on in.
你好拉蒙娜,快进来。
Thanks. Where should I put this?
谢谢,这些东西放哪儿呢?
Uh, the kitchen is fine. Hey, what are you doing?
放厨房就好了。你来有事吗?
I need to see this.
这好戏我不能错过呀。
The viewing area is right over there.
观众席在那边。
Sheldon, your girl...date...person...Ramona is here.
谢尔顿你女朋...约会对...拉蒙娜来了。
Oh, hello.
你好啊。
Oh, sorry I'm late. I just got so caught up reading the draft of your latest paper.
不好意思我迟到了,我看到你刚发表的论文草本看得太入迷了。
I'm sorry I didn't bring enough for your friends. I assumed we were going to be alone.
不好意思,我没给你朋友带吃的。我以为就我们两人。
Oh, yeah. No, we were just going. ..
喔没错,我们正要...
To watch, right?
准备看戏,不是吗?
No, come on, now, we're going out.
不,我们马上就出门了。
Oh, come on, we'll be quiet.
别这样嘛,我们不说话成吗?
Let's go, let's go. Okay, you two. Have a nice...whatever this is.
我们还是走吧,走吧。好了,祝你们俩的...过个好...不管什么吧。
Okay, you guys, look, I know this is none of my business, but I just...I have to ask what's Sheldon's deal?
你们听好,我清楚这事压根跟我没关系,但是我还是要忍不住想问谢尔顿的取向到底是啥?
What do you mean "deal"?
什么取向啊?
You know, like what's his deal? Is it girls...? Guys...? Sockpuppets...?
就是说,他喜欢哪种类型的?女人,男人,充气娃娃?
Honestly, we've been operating under the assumption that he has no deal.
说实话,在我们的逻辑中他根本没有取向。
Come on, everybody has a deal.
别这样说,每个人都有喜欢的取向啊。
Not Sheldon. Over the years, we've formulated many theories about how he might reproduce. I'm an advocate of mitosis.
除了谢尔顿。多年来我们通过各种理论试图探究他将如何繁衍后代。我主张的是有丝分裂。
I'm sorry?
什么?
I believe one day Sheldon will eat an enormous amount of Thai food and split into two Sheldons.
我相信总有一天当谢尔顿吃到一定量的泰国菜,他就会分裂成两个谢尔顿。
点击我的头像,或搜索“美剧笔记”,即可看到更多美剧系列,比如《破产姐妹》《绝望主妇》《老友记》《我们这一天》……总有一款你会喜欢
奎泽萌
讲的真好
1362114pjxl
台湾口音?
乐乐_4dl
老师的美剧系列太用心了
听友91856727
台灣女生
Ramona橙可甜
持续