0201_海豚研究

外语2021-02-01 21:07:03 9947
声音简介

Dolphins are what we call charismatic megafauna, which means that people view them as charismatic.
海豚被我们称作是魅力十足的巨型动物,因为它们真的很有魅力。
People get excited about some animals more than they get excited about others.
人们有时候更偏爱某一类动物。
One, two, three, big circle. Go, watch out there.
一,二,三,转个大圈。小心那个地方。
But thats okay, because then we can use that to get them to conserve in general.
但也没关系,因为我们可以利用人们的偏爱去保护更多动物。
So, if they are conserving the dolphins that means were conserving their habitat
如果人们保护海豚,就会保护它们的栖息地,
which means we are conserving all the animals that live in that habitat as well.
保护了栖息地也就保护了栖息地里的其他动物。
Hi, guys. My name is Dr. Kelly Jaakkola. I am a cognitive researcher, right now work with dolphins.
大家伙,我是凯利·贾科拉博士,从事认知研究,现在主要研究海豚。
You want to do a high five? No? This one? You cant really reach. I know it is hard to reach up here.
想击个掌吗?不想?这你真的够不到,我知道这个高度你够不到。
For other people, they might get inspired by the dolphins beauty or their athleticism etcetera.
对其他人来说,他们可能对海豚美丽的外形或是运动天赋更感兴趣。
I know. Very nice. I know. Oh, you want to come play too? What do you think?
非常好,你也想玩儿吗?你在想什么?
For me it was watching them think.
但我就喜欢看着它们思考。
Wow, now its your turn? Now its your turn?
哇,现在轮到你了吗?轮到你了是吗?
So, Dolphin Research Center is a non-profit education and research facility in the Florida Keys.
海豚研究中心是佛罗里达群岛的一个非营利性科普研究机构。
And there are a number of questions that you cant answer in the wild.
在自然界里有一些问题你是回答不了的。
Youll see situations where they seem to be cooperating.
有时候你会看到,海豚们似乎是在协同合作。
They seem to be doing the same thing at the same time.
也有可能它们只是恰好在同时做同一件事情。
But you cant tell from just looking at that whether or not theyre understanding cooperation
但你分辨不出来它们到底是真正理解合作的意思,
or if theyre just doing something at the same time.
还是只是在同时做同一件事。
In this study we set up a game.And the game was, we had two buttons and to win the game,
所以我们设立了一个研究,里面包含一个游戏。在这个游戏中,我们在水池了放置了两个按钮,
the dolphins had to press the buttons at the same time within a one second window which is really, really close.
要想赢得游戏,两只海豚必须在一秒钟的时间内同时触碰按钮,这个时间差可以说非常非常小。
So, in order to show that they understand cooperation, you have to sometimes send them at different times.
那么,为了证明海豚是懂得如何合作的,有时候我们就必须先放一只海豚出来,然后在不同的时候再放一只出来。
And, one, two, three, go.
一,二,三,去吧。
Okay, so, Reese was sent first.And you see he doesnt go immediately to his button.
那么,里斯先被放出来了。但是你看,它并没有直接去触碰那个按钮。
And now Delta was sent and well see, and they did it!
现在德尔塔也被放出来了,等等,看,它们同时触碰了按钮!
Very Nice.
太棒了。
By the end of this study, they were pressing an average of a third of a second apart which is really tight coordination.
研究结束时,它们触碰按钮的平均时差是三分之一秒,这是非常紧密的合作。
The most obvious next step is okay, well how are they doing it?
很明显,下一步就是研究它们如何实现合作的?
Are the dolphins using some sort of verbal communication?
海豚在用某种语言交流吗?
Maybe they are using synchrony, so maybe they sync up with each other and swim together etcetera.
也许它们使用了共时性,所以能相互同步,例如一起游泳等等。
Other questions we can look at are:are there ways that that cooperation in the wild might be disrupted?
我们也可以思考其他的问题,例如:是否有一些因素会扰乱它们的合作?
So, for example, if they are using a kind of vocal communication, then noise pollution might get in the way of that.
例如,如果海豚在以某种形式的语言交流,那么噪音污染就可以打断它们。
Alright, are you guys ready? Any sort of facility has to have a way of supporting their animals.
好了,你们准备好了吗?任何动物机构都必须找到方法保护这些动物。
And for us, that largely comes from the visitors that walk through the door.
我们的方式主要就是让人们前来参观。
One of the big roles that marine mammal facilities play
海洋哺乳动物机构的一个重要作用之一
is getting people to make a connection in order to get people to conserve and then care.
就是帮助人们与动物建立联系,然后让他们去保护动物、关爱动物。
And its that moment of connection that is the start of conservation mindedness.
这种联系正是动物保护意识的开端。
You know, its fine to give people information. Information is great.
给人们信息,进行科普是很好的。
But that information is only useful if people care enough to actually go out and do something.
但是只有当人们真正关心动物问题,亲自走出去做一些实事,这些科普才有意义。
You guys wanna kiss for the camera? Are you ready? Can you do a kiss for the camera?
你们想亲吻镜头吗?准备好了吗?可以亲到吗?

用户评论(4)
展示条数:
20条
  • 20条
  • 50条
  • 100条

表情0/300
听友187651725

听友187651725

这篇听力太不友好了

EricZhou_365

EricZhou_365 回复 @听友187651725

是因为海豚的声音嘛~

听友264703714

听友264703714

可口可乐了看看啦啦啦

听书、听课、听段子 6亿用户的选择!
下载客户端