英国女王抗疫演讲

2022-02-17 12:52:3104:10 648
声音简介

I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time.

我在这一挑战与日俱增的时刻向你们讲话

 

A time of disruption in the life of our country ,

这是一段我们国家的生活遭受破坏打击的时期

 

a disruption that has brought grief to some ,

这一打击给很多人带来了伤痛

 

financial difficulties to many,

给许多人带来了经济困难

 

and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all.

并给我们所有人的日常生活带来了巨大变化

 

I want to thank everyone on the NHS front line,

我要感谢在NHS(国家医疗服务体系)前线的每一个人

 

as well as care workers and those carrying out essential roles,

以及护理人员和那些承担重要职责的人们

 

who selflessly continue their day-to-day duties outside the home

他们无私的在家外继续承担着每天的工作任务

 

in support of us all.

以支持我们所有人

 

I am sure the nation will join me in assuring you

我敢肯定,国家将与我一起向你们保证

 

 that what you do is appreciated

你们所做的一切都会受到赞赏

 

and every hour of your hard work

并且你们每时每刻的辛勤工作

 

brings us closer to a return to more normal times.

都使我们愈发接近回到更加正常的时期

 

I also want to thank those of you who are staying at home,

我还要感谢那些坚持待在家里的人

 

thereby helping to protect the vulnerable

你们因此帮助保护了弱势群体

 

and sparing many families the pain already felt by those who have lost loved ones.

从而减轻了很多家庭失去亲人的痛苦

 

Together we are tackling this disease,

我们正在共同努力应对这一疾病

 

and I want to reassure you

我想向你们保证

 

that if we remain united and resolute,

只要我们保持团结和不屈不挠

 

then we will overcome it.

那么我们将战胜疫情

 

I hope in the years to come

我希望在未来的日子里

 

everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge.

每个人都能以他们应对这一挑战的方式而感到自豪

 

And those who come after us will say the Britons of this generation were as strong as any.

我们的后辈会说 这一代的英国人和以往一样强大

 

That the attributes of self-discipline, of quiet good-humoured resolve and of fellow-feeling still characterise this country.

自律、具有幽默感的决断力和同情心仍然是这个国家的特征

 

The pride in who we are is not a part of our past, it defines our present and our future.

对身份的自豪不是我们过去的一部分 它定义了我们的现在和未来

 

The moments when the United Kingdom has come together to applaud its care and essential workers

英国民众团结起来为医护人员和重要工作人群鼓掌的时刻

 

will be remembered as an expression of our national spirit ,

将被作为国家精神的一种表达被铭记

 

and its symbol will be the rainbows drawn by children.

它的象征将是孩子们画出的彩虹

 

Across the Commonwealth and around the world,

在英联邦和世界各地

 

we have seen heart-warming stories

我们看到了温暖人心的故事

 

of people coming together to help others,

人们团结起来帮助别人

 

be it through delivering food parcels and medicines,

通过运送食物包裹和药品

 

checking on neighbours, 

关心邻居

 

or converting businesses to help the relief effort.

或转变企业来帮助救济工作

 

And though self-isolating may at times be hard,

尽管自我隔离有时会很艰难

 

many people of all faiths, and of none,

但许多信仰不同以及无宗教信仰的人

 

are discovering that it presents an opportunity

发现居家隔离提供了一个契机

 

to slow down, pause and reflect, in prayer or meditation.

让我们通过祈祷或冥想来放慢,去暂停和反思

 

It reminds me of the very first broadcast I made, in 1940, helped by my sister.

这让我想起了1940年,在妹妹的帮助下我进行的第一次广播

 

We, as children, spoke from here at Windsor

在温莎城堡中,作为孩子的我们

 

to children who had been evacuated from their homes and sent away for their own safety.

对那些为了保证安全不得不从家中撤离的孩子们讲话

 

Today, once again,

如今再一次的

 

many will feel a painful sense of separation from their loved ones.

许多人会感受到与所爱之人分离的痛苦

 

But now, as then,

但是现在就像那时一样

 

we know, deep down,

我们深深地知道

 

that it is the right thing to do.

这是正确的做法

 

While we have faced challenges before,

尽管我们曾面临过挑战

 

 this one is different.

但这一挑战却有所不同

 

This time we join with all nations across the globe in a common endeavour,

这次,我们与全球所有国家共同努力

 

using the great advances of science and our instinctive compassion to heal.

用科学的巨大进步和我们与生俱来的怜悯之心去治愈

 

We will succeed - and that success will belong to every one of us.

我们将取得成功,这成功将属于我们每一个人

 

We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure,

尽管我们可能还要忍受更多的苦难,但我们要感到安慰

 

better days will return ,

美好的日子终将会回来

 

we will be with our friends again;

我们将再次与我们的朋友团聚

 

we will be with our families again;

我们将再次与家人团聚

 

we will meet again.

我们一定会重逢

 

But for now, I send my thanks and warmest good wishes to you all.

在此,我向大家致以感谢和最诚挚的祝福



译文仅供参考



用户评论

表情0/300
喵,没有找到相关结果~
暂时没有评论,下载喜马拉雅与主播互动
音频列表
猜你喜欢
英国女王演讲合集

如果当今世界上有一个人可以说出最优雅完美的英音,那么此人非英国女王伊丽莎白二世莫属。听不懂内容也无妨,在如此醉人的声音里,耳朵也会怀孕的!需要文稿+v:l...

by:英式英语演讲

抗疫!抗疫!

所有内容版权归被引用人所有,本号仅用于传播正能量。如有侵权,请联系删除。

by:若飞谭声

英国女王笑传

站在中间最危险因为会被来自两个方向的车撞到——伊丽莎白二世

by:马乐乐爸爸

英国女王音频演讲全集

需要英国女王演讲的同学请加微信IELTSCOOL2,免费领取。关注公众号【答库雅思】【带路喵】,有更多雅思学习资料和高分经验技巧分享,还能私人定制学习计划,助力...

by:雅思听力

英国女王演讲-标准英式英语

英国女王演讲,现任英国女王伊丽莎白二世的演讲收集。更多资讯请关注微信公众号:英式英语,ID:BrEnglish,网站:ukrp.net。网站ukrp.net将会...

by:英式英语

童心抗疫

疫情下,乡村儿童是什么状态,他们有哪些心理话?父母外出打工,或者工作太忙没时间陪孩子,这会给孩子带来什么影响?关注孩子的心理健康,父母们可以怎样做?

by:歌路营讲故事

抗疫专辑

武汉加油中国加油

by:马踏飞燕ZLH