One Inch Tall 《一英尺高》,来自Shel Silverstein,送给所有的孩子。
One Inch Tall
By Shel Silverstein
If you were only one inch tall, you'd ride a worm to school.
倘若你只有一寸高,便能骑着一条小虫去上学。
The teardrop of ac rying ant would be your swimming pool.
蚂蚁哭泣时的一滴泪将成为你的游泳池。
A crumb of cake would be a feast
一点蛋糕屑能变成一场盛宴,
And last you seven days at least,
足够你至少吃上七天,
A flea would be a frightening beast
一只跳蚤就会是一头可怕的猛兽,
If you were one inch tall.
倘若你只有一寸高。
If you were only one inch tall, you'd walk beneath the door,
倘若你只有一寸高,便能穿越门下的缝隙,
And it would take about a month to get down to the store.
而要行至商店则需要花上一个月的时间,
A bit of fluffwould be your bed,
一小撮绒毛能变成你的温床,
You'd swing upon as pider's thread,
你能在一根蜘蛛丝上玩秋千,
And wear a thimbleon your head
头上戴着顶针作为头盔,
If you were oneinch tall.
倘若你只有一寸高。
You'd surf acrossthe kitchen sink upon a stick of gum.
你能乘着一块口香糖在厨房的水池里冲浪。
You couldn't hugyour mama, you'd just have to hug her thumb.
但你无法拥抱妈妈,你只能拥抱她的拇指。
You'd run frompeople's feet in fright,
你会惊恐地逃离人们的脚丫,
To move a penwould take all night,
你需要花上一整夜的时间来搬动一支钢笔,
(This poem tookfourteen years to write--
'Cause I'm justone inch tall).
(而写下这首诗则须花上十四年-----
因为我只有一寸高)
小妖精灵球r
终于又听到李楠 的声音了
听友33184080
声音很磁性 如果小诗的原文可以更规整就好啦 看着不规整的原文心情怪怪的 态度决定细节 可以这样理解吗!用心哦!
为你读英语美文 回复 @听友33184080:
宝宝,我们才发现原来喜马拉雅会把单词打乱,建议你关注我们的微信公众号:为你读英语美文,回复:致孩子,获得本期节目文本,精心编辑的~