《The| King's[Speech]》——we shall prevail

2024-03-12 08:01:1404:33 7518
所属专辑:听电影学英语
声音简介

《国王的演讲》The King's Speech


In this grave hour,

在这一庄严时刻

perhaps the most fateful in our history ,

也许是我们历史上最生死攸关的时刻

I send to every household of my peoples ,

我要向每一位民众

both at home and overseas ,

无论你们身在何方

this message ,

传递这样一个消息

spoken with the same depth of feeling for each one of you

对你们的心情我感同身受

as if I were able to cross your threshold and speak to you myself.

甚至希望能挨家挨户走入你们的家门 面对面向你们诉说

For the second time in the lives of most of us , we are at... at war.

对我们大多数人而言 这将是我们一生中经历的第二次战争

Over and over again ,

一次又一次

we have tried to find a peaceful way out of the differences between ourselves and those who are now our enemies.

我们努力寻求一条和平之道求同存异以解决我们同现在已经成为我们敌人的国家之间的争端

But it has been in vain.

但最终是徒然

We have been forced into a conflict.

现在我们被迫卷入一场战争

For we are called , to meet the challenge of a principle

我们必须接受这个邪恶信念的挑战

which ,if it were to prevail ,

如果任由它横行

would be fatal to any civilized order in the world.

世界文明秩序将毁于一旦

Such a principle ,

这样的邪恶主义

stripped of all disguise ,

退去伪装之后

is surely the mere primitive doctrine that might is right.

其实质就是“强权即真理”的野蛮教义

For the sake of all that we ourselves hold dear ,

为了捍卫我们珍视的一切

it is unthinkable that we should refuse to meet the challenge .

毫无疑问我们必须奋起反击

It is to this high purpose

为此崇高目标

that I now call my people at home and my peoples across the seas ,

我在此号召我的人民无论身居国内还是远在异国他乡

who will make our cause their own .

请你们怀抱同样的信念加入到我们共同的事业中来

I ask them to stand calm and firm ,

我恳请大家保持冷静和坚定

and united in this time of trial .

在考验面前团结起来

The task will be hard .

任务将万分艰巨

There may be dark days ahead ,

迎接我们的将是一段黑暗的日子

and war can no longer be confined to the battlefield .

战争也不只是局限于前线阵地

But we can only do the right as we see the right

只有心怀正义才能正确行事

and reverently commit our cause to God .

我们在此虔诚向上帝祈祷

If one and all we keep resolutely faithful to it ,

如果每一个人如果所有人都能坚守这一信念

then , with God's help ,

在上帝的庇佑下

we shall prevail .

我们必将胜利

用户评论

表情0/300

gr5jkl1l6i4xb5p1ka5w

Love Colin Firth

听友186938554

听电影学英语

48nqzg7ociaspuzobb0q

好喜欢这样的!希望继续更新