声音简介

soulmate
灵魂伴侣;知音
I won't settle if he isn't my soulmate.
如果他不是我的“唯一”,我不会安定下来的。


engaged


已订婚的

/ɪnˈɡeɪdʒd/

Mary was engaged to Joe.

玛丽和乔订婚了。


propose


/prəˈpəʊz/

求婚

propose to sb

向某人求婚

He proposed to me.

他向我求婚了。


meant to be with each other/be perfect for each other

天生一对


经典对话


A: Have you heard the big news?

你听说那个特大新闻了吗?


B: What big news?

什么特大新闻?


A: Olivia and Nicholas are engaged. He proposed to her last night at a fancy restaurant.

奥利维亚和尼古拉斯订婚了,他昨晚在一家高级餐厅向她求婚了。


B: I didn't even know they were dating.

我压根就不知道他们俩在约会。


A: After Nicholas' ex-girlfriend cheated on him, they realized that they had a great friendship and that maybe they were meant to be with each other.

尼古拉斯的前女朋友背叛了他之后,他们才意识到彼此的友情有多深后,对方才是自己的那个人。


B: They really are perfect for each other. I can't think of a better matched couple than them.

他们俩真是天生一对,真是再没有什么人比他俩更般配了。


A: I heard that they're planning to have an extravagant wedding ceremony in a church with a reception in an expensive restaurant on the lake. 

我听说他们打算在教堂办一场豪华的婚礼,还在湖边的一家高级餐厅订了酒席。


B: Have they asked anyone to be in a wedding party yet?

他们还有没有请人参加他们的婚礼?


A: I think Nicholas asked Jack to be his best man and olivia asked Kate to be her maid of honor. 

我想尼古拉斯会邀请杰克做伴郎。奥利维亚会邀请凯特做伴娘。


B: It sounds like they've done a lot of planning in a very short time. Have they decided where they're going to go for their honeymoon?

好像他俩在很短的时间里策划了很多事情,他们决定去哪里度蜜月了吗?


A: I haven't heard where they will go yet, but I bet you they'll go to a beach somewhere. You know how they both love surfing.

这个倒还没有听说,不过我敢打赌肯定会去海边。你知道的,他们俩有多喜欢冲浪。


B: You know most people find it difficult to find their soulmate, but they've made it seem extremely easy. 

要知道,想找个心灵相通的伴侣有多难,可是他们俩好像手到擒来。




听友387815114

伴郎英文是the best man吗?伴娘英文与伴郎相差甚远

回复@听友387815114
表情0/300
其他用户评论

发光靓仔

这一天天更的都是些神马?我还是个孩子啊!

当前评论用户