1. See eye to eye: to agree
- Her daughter sees eye to eye with heron most things.
她女儿在大多数事情上与她意见一致。
- He always complains about his supervisor as he does not see eye to eye with his supervisor.
他总是抱怨他的上司,因为他和上司意见不一致。
- Although people don’t see eye to eye on the need of getting vaccinated, they should respect each other.
尽管人们在是否需要接种疫苗的问题上意见不一致,但他们应该互相尊重。
- My sister doesn’t see eye to eye with me on the wedding plan.
关于婚礼的计划,我姐姐和我意见不一致。
- My wife and I could never see eye to eye when it comes to buying an electric car.
在购买电动汽车的问题上,我和妻子的意见总是不一致。
2. Stay on one’s toes: to be always ready for something
- Firefighters have to stay on their toes because they never know when there is a fire.
消防队员必须保持警觉,因为他们永远不知道什么时候会着火。
- As a 24/7 mom, she has to stay on her toes all the time.
作为一个全天候的妈妈,她必须时刻保持警觉。
3. Keep an eye on: to watch something to make sure it’s ok
- Could you keep an eye on the soup while I’m out for a walk?
我出去散步的时候你能帮我看着汤吗?
- Those two people seem suspicious. We’d better keep an eye on them.
那两个人似乎很可疑。我们最好盯着他们。
- Don’t worry. I will keep an eye on Charlie.
别担心,我会看好查理的。
- Could you keep an eye on my bag while I go to the washroom?
我去洗手间时,你能帮我照看一下包吗?
- We are going to ask our neighbour to keep an eye on the house while we are away.
我们打算请邻居在我们不在的时候照看一下房子。
未归远方
on one's toes 警觉的,随时准备行动的 on one's back 仰天,卧病在床 on one's heel 紧跟在后面 these phrases appear to my practice. I 'd like to share with you.
录程留学 回复 @未归远方:
Thanks a lot for your sharing! I was thinking of doing another episode about body parts and I will include these terms you just shared.
未归远方
I want to have a supplement. see eye to eye看法一致 hand in hand 手拉手 face to face 面对面 heart to heart 坦率的,坦诚的
听友341026382
第一句当中,with her on most things. her on连在一起了
听友301184843
We’d better keep an eye on them. 这句中‘d是would还是 had的缩写,两者如何 区别?
录程留学 回复 @听友301184843:
We'd better = We had better,这是一个特定的词组,意思是一定要做什么事,否则可能会有比较严重的后果,所以最好去做。Very good question
JENNIFER_g0
太棒了