英语美文朗读《年老时可能会后悔的十件事》

外语2020-12-20 20:51:54 9510
声音简介

配乐及文字归原版权方或原作者所有

录音、剪辑、主播:孟飞Phoenix

背景音乐:1.Rainy Day - Destiny (Piano Ver.)

2.菅野よう子 - Back in the moment



年老时可能后悔的十件事

源自:网络  |  主播:孟飞Phoenix


1. Not traveling when you had the chance.

有机会而未去旅行


Traveling becomes infinitely harder the older you get, especially if you have a family and need to pay the way for three-plus people instead of just yourself.

随着年龄的增长,旅行变得越来越难,尤其是如果你成了家,需要为三个以上的人来筹备一场旅行。




2. Not learning another language.

没能学习另一种语言


You'll kick yourself when you realize you took three years of language in high school and remember none of it.

当你意识到你在高中学了三年语言却一点都不记得的时候,你肯定会自责的。



3. Staying in a bad relationship.

未能摆脱一段糟糕的关系 


No one who ever gets out of a bad relationship looks back without wishing they made the move sooner.

任何一个从糟糕的关系中走出来的人,在回首往事的时候都希望自己能早点离开



4. Not quitting a terrible job.

没有辞去一份不适合自己的工作。


Look, you gotta pay the bills. But if you don't make a plan to improve your situation, you might wake up one day having spent 40 years in hell.

听着,你肯定会为之买单。但如果你没有着手做出改善你现状的计划,你可能有一天会浑浑噩噩度过40年之后而后悔莫及。



5. Not trying harder in school.

在学校里不努力学习


It's not just that your grades play a role in determining where you end up in life. Eventually, you'll realize how neat it was to get to spend all day learning, and wish you'd paid more attention.

这不仅仅是因为你的成绩决定了你的人生终点。最终你会意识到,花一整天的时间学习是多么的简单,所以希望你能多加注意。



6. Not realizing how beautiful you were.

不知道你有多漂亮


Too many of us spend our youth unhappy with the way we look, but the reality is, that's when we're our most beautiful.

我们中有太多人在年轻时对自己的外表不满意,但事实上,那是我们最美丽的时候。




7. Failing to finish what you start.

没有完成你着手开始的事情


I had big dreams of becoming a nurse. I even signed up for the classes, but then…

我梦想成为一名护士。我甚至报了班,但后来…



8. Caring too much about what other people think.

太在意别人的想法


In 20 years you won't give a damn about any of those people you once worried so much about.

20年后,你再也不会对那些你曾经如此担心的人生气了



9. Worrying too much.

顾虑太多


As Tom Petty sang, Most things I worry about never happen anyway.

就像汤姆·佩蒂唱的那样,我最担心的事情从来没有发生过。



10. Not being grateful sooner.

不够感恩和知足


It can be hard to see in the beginning, but eventually, it becomes clear that every moment on this earth -- from the mundane to the amazing -- is a gift that we're all so incredibly lucky to share.

一开始可能很难发现,但最终我们会意识到活着的每一刻——从平淡到难忘时刻——都是一份幸福和幸运。 



关注微信公众号:英语美文朗读,收听更多暖声节目。



用户评论(3)
展示条数:
20条
  • 20条
  • 50条
  • 100条

表情0/300
薇蔷嗅细虎猛有心

薇蔷嗅细虎猛有心

孟叔是我迄今为止听过的最喜欢最喜欢的英文男主播~

听书、听课、听段子 6亿用户的选择!
下载客户端