A noble of the Court in Confucius' native State asked him what constituted the duty of a good son.
孔子故国王室的一位贵族问他
什么才是一个好儿子的义务
Confucius answered
孔子回答说
Do not failed in what is required of you
不要违背所要求你做的
Afterwards
后来
As a disciple was driving him in his carriage.
当一位学生为他驾驶马车时
Confucius told the disciple,saying,
孔子告诉那位学生
My Lord M
梦大人
asked me what constituted the duty of a good son
问过我什么才是一个好儿子的义务
and I answered
我回答说
Do not fail in what is required of you.
不要违背所要求你做的
What did you mean by that ?
asked the disciple
你指的是什么意思呢?
那位学生问
I meant, replied Confucius
我是说
孔子回答
When his parents are living
当他父母在世时
a good son should do his duties to them according to teh usage prescribed by propriety
一个好儿子应该按照礼节规定的方式来为他们尽义务
When they are dead
he should bury them and honour their memory according to the rites prescribed by propriety
父母去世后
他们应该按照礼节规定的仪式来安葬和纪念他的父母
用户评论