A Cow With no Brain 没有头脑的牛

2019-10-02 09:18:2604:47 33
所属专辑:英语美文朗读
声音简介

A Cow With no Brain 没有头脑的牛
There were seven lions who were friends with a cow.
以前,有七只狮子和一头牛是朋友。
One day, the lions invited the cow for a meal.
一天,狮子请牛吃饭,
They prepared lots of meat to share with the cow.
他们为牛准备了好多食物,
However, the cow could not eat the meat but he remained quiet about it and thanked the lions for their hospitality.
然而,这头牛不吃肉,却没告诉狮子们,还谢谢狮子们的热情招待。

Later, the cow invited the lions to be his guests.
后来,牛请狮子们吃饭,
The seven lions saw big bundles of fresh grass when they reached the cow’s house.
七只狮子到了牛的家后却只看见一大堆新鲜的草。
They were very surprised.
狮子们非常惊奇。
“Don’t you have meat?
你没有肉吗?
Are you going to serve us with grass only?
你不会就请仅仅是请我们吃草吧?
Don’t you know that we eat meat?”
你不知道我们吃肉吗?
The cow said nervously,“I think grass tastes better than meat. Try it and see.”
牛紧张的说:“依我来看,草比肉好吃得多。我劝你们试试看。”
“When you were invited as our guest, we did not force you to take the meat,”the lions said,“and we did not ask you to try it.
“我们请你吃饭的时候可没有一定要你吃肉,”狮子们说,“我们没有对你说:‘你吃吃看’,
But here you are asking us to try eating the grass.
可你却劝我们吃草。

If you were sincere about inviting us for a meal, you would prepare food in favor of the guests.
要是你真想请客,就应该根据客人的喜爱来准备食物。
Without meat to eat, how could it be a feast?”
没有肉,算什么筵席呢?”
“But where could I get meat?”the cow argued.
“但是叫我哪儿去找肉呢?”牛替辩解到。
The lions said,“It is definitely discourteous!
狮子们说:“这真是极其的无礼!
You invited us as your guests but starve us.
你请我们来吃饭,结果却叫我们挨饿。
If anyone else were to treat us like this, we would tear him into pieces.
要是别人像你这样的话,我们早就把他撕得粉碎了。
Since you are our friend, we will be kind to you and eat only one of your legs.”
因为你是我们的朋友,我们应该仁慈一点,就只吃掉你一条腿吧。”
The cow knew very well that he could not argue with them anymore and he trembled as he said,“That’s very kind of you.”
牛知道跟它们争论是没有用的,只得浑身颤抖他说:“你们待我真好。”
The lions bit off one of cow’s legs and enjoyed eating it while he was left there bleeding to death.
狮子就咬掉可怜的牛的一条后腿,开始吃起来。牛因为流血过多,倒在地上死掉了。
Soon the lion said,“Since the cow is dead, we may as well finish him.”
于是狮子们决定:“反正这牛已经死了,我们把它全吃光吧。”
Thus they continued feasting on the cow.
然后,他们就继续大吃起来。

A fox passed by and wanted to have a taste of the delicious meat too.
一只狐狸正好走过。它也想尝尝美味的牛肉,
So he sneaked in quietly and carried away the cow’s heart.
于是悄悄地走到近旁,把牛心叼走,
He hid himself behind a tree to enjoy his food.
躲到树后去享受美食了。
When the seven lions had eaten up the whole cow, they asked among themselves, “Where is the cow’s heart?
七只狮子把牛完后,互相问道:这牛的心在哪儿?
Do you mean the cow has no heart at all?”
它不会根本就没有心吧?
The fox came out from his hiding place and said,“You’re wrong!
这时候狐狸从他藏身的地方走出来,说到:你们错了!
He has a heart but no brain. Or else he would not be friends with you at all.”
它是有心的,就是没有头脑。不然的话,它也不会跟你们做朋友了。

用户评论

表情0/300
喵,没有找到相关结果~
暂时没有评论,下载喜马拉雅与主播互动
音频列表