Series 1 Episode 4 - We Have a Mission!

2024-02-15 23:34:1803:43 6万
声音简介

Well Sarah, here’s the paper...I was looking at jobs...but you’ll need the “accommodation” page!



撒拉,这是报纸,我正在找工作,但是你需要“租房”版面!



Hmmm, not very sensitive, Harry...



嗯,哈利,不是很敏感。



Have to go now...see you all!



必须走了,再见!



Bye!



再见!



What’s the problem with your flat, then Sarah?



撒拉,你的公寓到底出了什么问题?



Well, I was renting a room in a shared house, but now the landlord has decided to sell the house, so we all have to move out...



我与别人合租,但是现在房主决定卖房,所以我们不得不都搬走。



Oh no...that can be really difficult in London. It’s so expensive here...



不,在伦敦是非常困难的,因为这里的房价很高。



I know, I’m not sure I’ll be able to afford it...



我知道,我不知道我能不能支付。



Tell me about it!



告诉我!



About what?



告诉你什么?



Sorry...I just mean, I know how expensive life is!



对不起,我只是说,我知道这里的生活是很昂贵的!



Why’s that?



为什么?



Olivia wants Harry to set up a website for her, but he’s asked for loads of money!



奥利维亚想让哈利帮他建网站,但是他的要价很高!



Yeah...me too!



我也是!



I think he’s greedy.



我想他太贪心了。



I’m not sure about that...he’s a professional after all. He’s right to ask a reasonable amount for his work.



我不确定他是不是,但是他毕竟很专业。他有权要求合理的工资。



You’re just like him, I can see...only interested in money!



你真像他,我想你只对金钱感兴趣!



Yeah, that’s right...



我想也是。



Leave off...I’m not only interested in money. I like football too...



别逗了,我不仅对钱感兴趣,我还喜欢足球。



I don’t think I can afford it, but I don’t know how to say “no” without offending him now.



我想我支付不起,但是如果我说“不”的话肯定会伤到他。



Do you think he’ll be offended?



你认为他会被冒犯?



Perhaps...



或许吧。



I shouldn’t worry. He’s not a very sensitive guy, is he?



我不应该担心。他不是那么敏感的人,不是吗?



No! I like him, though...



当然不是!我喜欢他,尽管。



Oh yeah?



嗯?



Not in that way...he’s just a friend...



不是那种,他只是我的朋友。



“Just a friend”, eh?



只是朋友?



Are you jealous?



你妒忌吗?



Get out of here! Course I’m not. I’ve got lots of girlfriends...



少来,当然不会,我有许多女朋友。



And they only ever last for two weeks!



他们不会超过两个星期!



I like to keep them keen!



我喜欢让他们喜欢我的感觉!



Oh yeah, sure..



当然。



Listen, Olivia, if it makes it easier for you, I think I’m going to take Harry up on his offer.



听着,奥利维亚,如果这件事情让你感觉简单的话,我想我们应该接受他的邀请。



I’ll get him to do some work for me, then it won’t matter if you turn him down.



我会让他为我做一些事情,如果你拒绝他的话,那也没有关系。



I do some work for a website, Olivia. It’s called DimSum.co.uk



奥利维亚,我为一家网站做事情,叫作“DimSum.co.uk”。



it’s for the Chinese community in Britain. I could find out who does their website,they might be cheaper.



这个网站是为了生活在英国的华人社区而建立的。我能够找到做网站的人,他们也许会便宜点。



Could you do that for me? I’d be really grateful.



你真能做吗?我非常感激。



Sure, no problem.



没问题。



And we’ll try and help you find a flat!



我们将帮你找到住的地方!



Thanks!



多谢!



How long have you got before you have to move out?



在你搬走之前你还有多长时间?



Only a month.



只有一个月了。



That’s not long.



不是太长。



I’ll ask around, see if anyone I know has a room free in their house...



我会帮你问问,看看谁有没有闲置的房间。



I’ll do the same thing...



我也问问。



Me too!



我也是!



Ok everyone...we have a mission!



好的,大家,我们有任务了!



Find Sarah a place to live!



为撒拉找寻住处!



And tell Harry he’s greedy!



告诉哈利他非常贪心!



I think this might be difficult....



我想这恐怕有些难。



What? Finding you a flat, or upsetting Harry?



什么?为你找住处,或是激怒哈利?



Both!



两个都做!

用户评论

表情0/300

拼图啊

Upsetting Harry is difficult.

littleant2000

Hmmm, not very sensitive, Harry... 求指点,这里sensitive怎么理解?从上下文看肯定不应该翻译成“敏感”,怪怪的

听友212396592

打卡第四天

勤LPQ

keep sb. keen 让某人保持兴趣 "I like to keep them keen!" "我想保住她们对我的好感!"言下之意是“我怕时间长了她们对我没兴趣了”(不知道理解得对吗)

猜你喜欢
Breadwinner Series

BreadwinnerSeries1-3-《战火下的小花》DeborahEllis有声书音频黛博拉·埃利斯引人入胜的一部获奖小说,讲述了20世纪90...

by:rainbow000

Furthermore Series

FurthermoreSeries1-2-TaherehMafiProductDetailsAgeRange:9-12yearsGrade...

by:Wendy的音频

Candymakers Series

CandymakersSeries1-2-WendyMassProductdetailsAgeRange:8-12yearsGrade...

by:Wendy的音频

Monstrous Series

MonstrousSeries1-2-MarcyKateConnollyProductDetailsAgeRange:8-12yearsG...

by:Wendy的音频

Ghosthunters Series

GhosthuntersSeries1-4-CorneliaFunkeGradeLevel:2-5LexileMeasure:760LGh...

by:Wendy的音频

Masterminds Series

本书讲述了一群十三岁的青少年之间的故事:在成长的过程中,孩子会接触到形形色色和他们背景不一样的人,在这期间,有可能会遭遇朋友的背叛,卷入棘手的事情,发现世界并不...

by:Wendy的音频

MirrorWorld series

在镜子之外,最黑暗的童话故事复活了…多年来,雅各伯享受着镜像世界的秘密和珍宝。但是这一切将不复存在。他的弟弟跟踪他并发现了他的这个秘密。黑暗魔法将把这个男孩变成...

by:Wendy的音频

Tangled:the Series

长发公主从大银幕转战小荧屏,迪士尼宣布制作动画剧集《长发公主》,故事承接影片结尾,长发公主与父母重逢后,拉上尤金、变色龙和骏马麦克斯,探索世界,把被困高塔的时光...

by:Deesland