And after a long time the boy came back again.
又过了很久,那孩子又来了。
"I am sorry, boy," said the tree,
"but I have nothing left to give you –My apples are gone."
“非常抱歉,孩子,”大树说,
“我没有什么可以给你的了。我没有苹果了。”
"My teeth are too weak for apples," said the boy.
“我的牙齿已经老化,吃不动苹果了。”孩子说。
"My branches are gone," said the tree.
"You cannot swing on them."
“我没有枝条了,”大树说,
“你没法儿在上面荡秋千了。”
"I am too old to swing on branches," said the boy.
“我太老了,不能再荡秋千了。”孩子说。
"My trunk is gone, " said the tree. "You cannot climb."
“我也没有树干,”大树说,“不能让你爬上去玩了。”
"I am too tired to climb" said the boy.
“我很疲倦,爬也爬不动了。”孩子说。
"I am sorry," sighed the tree.
"I wish that I could give you something... but I have nothing left. I am just an old stump.Iam sorry... "
“真是抱歉,”大树叹了口气,“我希望还能给你点儿什么东西……
但是我什么都没有了。我现在只是个老树墩,真是抱歉……”
"I don't need very much now," said the boy. "just a quiet place to sit and rest.
Iam very tired."
“我现在需要的实在不多,”孩子说,“只想找个安静的地方坐坐,好好休息。
我太累了。”
"Well," said the tree, straightening herself up as much as she could, "well, an old stump is good for sitting and resting.
Come, Boy, sit down. Sit down and rest."
“那好吧。”大树说,它尽量把身子挺高,“你看,我这个老树墩,正好叫你坐在上面休息。来吧,孩子,坐下吧,坐在我身上休息吧。”
And the boy did.
于是孩子坐下了。
And the tree was happy.
大树很快乐。
用户评论