Chapter 21 | 邂逅狐狸 | Part One

2021-08-22 15:49:0406:02 8257
声音简介

It was then that the fox appeared.

这时,来了一只狐狸。

"Good morning," said the fox.

“早上好,”狐狸打招呼。

"Good morning," the little prince responded politely, although when he turned around he saw nothing.

“早上好,”小王子礼貌地答道,他转过身来,却什么也没看见。

"I am right here," the voice said, "under the apple tree."

“我在这儿,” 那声音说,“就在苹果树下面。”

"Who are you?" asked the little prince, and added," You are very pretty to look at."

“你是谁?”小王子问道,又说,“你长得很漂亮。”

"I am a fox," said the fox.

“我是一只狐狸,”狐狸说。

"Come and play with me," proposed the little prince." I am so unhappy."

“来和我一块儿玩把,”小王子说,“我很不开心。"

"I cannot play with you," the fox said." I am not tamed."

"我不能跟你玩,”狐狸说,“我还没有被驯化。”

"Ah! Please excuse me。" said the little prince.

“噢!请原谅。”小王子说。

But, after some thought, he added:

可是,想了一会儿,他又说:

"What does that mean - tame?"

”驯化是什么意思?”

"You do not live here," said the fox." What is it that you are looking for?"

“你不住这儿吧," 狐狸说,“你在找什么?”

"I am looking for men," said the little prince." What  does that mean - tame?"

“我在寻找人,”小王子说。“驯化是什么意思?”

"Men," said the fox. "They have guns, and they hunt. It is very disturbing. They also raise chickens. These are their only interests. Are you looking for chickens?"

“人,”狐狸说,“他们有枪,会打猎。很烦!他们也养鸡,就这些兴趣。你在找鸡吗?”

"No," said the little prince."I am looking for friends. What does that mean - tame?"

“不,”小王子说,“我在找朋友。驯化,到底是什么意思?”

"It is an act too often neglected," said the fox."It means to establish ties."

“这是个经常被忽视的做法,”狐狸说,“就是建立关系的意思。”

"To establish ties?"

“建立关系?”

"Just that," said the fox."To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. to me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world ..."

“就这意思,”狐狸说,“对我来说,你不过是个小男孩,和其他十万个小男孩没什么区别。我不需要你。你呢,在你看来,也不需要我。对你来说,我不过是只狐狸,与其它十万只狐狸没有区别。但是,如果你驯化了我,我们就互相依赖了。对我来说,你将是世上唯一的。你呢,也会觉得我是世上唯一的 ... ”

"I am beginning to understand," said the little prince."There is  flower ... I think that she has tamed me ... "

“我开始明白了,”小王子说。“有一颗花 ... 我感觉她就驯化了我 ... ”

"It is possible," said the fox." On the Earth one sees all sorts of things."

“这是有可能的,”狐狸说,“地球上什么事都有。”

"Oh, but this is not on the Earth!" said the little prince.

“噢,不是在地球上!” 小王子说。

The fox seemed perplexed, and very curious.

狐狸有点糊涂了,感觉很奇怪。

"On another planet?"

“在另外一个星球?”

"Yes."

“是的。”

"Are there hunters on this planet?"

“那个星球上有猎人吗?”

"No."

“没有。”

"Ah, that is interesting! Are there chickens?"

"哦,有点意思!有鸡吗?”

"No."

“没有。”

"Nothing is perfect," sighed the fox.

“没有十全十美的事,”狐狸叹息道。

But he came back to his idea.

然后他又回到原来的话题。

"My life is very monotonous," the fox said."I hunt chickens; men hunt me. All the chickens are just alike, and all the men are just alike. And, in consequence, I am a little bored. But If you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life. I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others. Other step send me hurrying back underneath the ground. Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow. And then look: you see the gain-field down yonder? I do not eat bread. Wheat is of no use to me. The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad. But you have hair that is the color of gold. Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me! The grain, which is also golden, will bring me back the thought of you. And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat ... "

“我的日子很单调,”狐狸说,“我抓鸡,人抓我。所有的鸡都一个样,所有的人也都一个样。结果就是,我有点烦了。但是,如果你驯化了我,我的生活就会阳光灿烂。我会知道有个脚步声与所有其它的不一样。其它的脚步声吓得我赶紧缩回地洞。而你的脚步声就像音乐一样唤我出来。你再看,那边的麦田,我不吃面包,麦子对我没用,麦田也与我无关,这有点可悲。可是你有一头金发,如果你驯化了我,想想吧,会有多么美妙!麦子也是金黄色的,它会让我想起你。而我会爱上倾听麦浪的声音的 ... ”

The fox gazed at the little prince, for a long time.

狐狸久久凝视着小王子。

"Pleas ... tame me!" he said.

“请你 ... 驯化我吧!” 他说。

"I want to, very much," the little prince replied."But I have not much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand."

“我真想,”小王子答道,"可是我没有太多时间,我要找朋友,还有很多事要弄明白。"

"One only understands the things that tames," said the fox. "Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more. If you want a friend, tame me ... "

"只有驯化的东西才能被理解,” 狐狸说,“人类没更多时间去理解事物。他们在商店里买现成的东西。但是,没有任何商店可以买到友谊,因此人类不再有朋友。如果你要一个朋友,那就驯化我 ...  ”

"What must I do, to tame you?" asked the little prince.

“我得怎么做,来驯化你呢?”小王子问。

"You must be very patient," replied the fox." First you will sit down at a little distance from me - like that - in the grass. I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings. But you will sit a little closer to me, every day ... "

“你得非常耐心,”狐狸答道,“首先,你在离我稍远一点的地方坐下,就像那样,在草地上。我会用我的眼角看你,你什么也别说,话多失言。但你要每天坐得离我更近一点 ... ”


用户评论

表情0/300

飞鸟掠过straybirds

播讲的很棒!

银河邮邮

每个人心中都有一个小王子呢

善岸

主播,你去哪了?好久没更新了。

雨夜随听

不错,我也要试试

音频列表