海量英语听力资源,高亮双语字幕,尽在每日英语听力~
My message is that we'll be watching you.
我想传达的意思,就是看看你们要怎样做。
This is all wrong.
这些都是错的。
I shouldn't be up here.
我不该来到这里。
I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean.
我应该回到大洋另一边的学校里去。
Yet you all come to us young people for hope?
可是你们都把希望寄托在我们年轻人身上。
How dare you!
你们怎么能这样!
You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words.
你们用那一纸空言,盗走了我的梦想和童年。
And yet I'm one of the lucky ones.
不过我还算是那些幸运儿中的一位。
People are suffering.
人们在受苦。
People are dying.
人们的生命岌岌可危。
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
整个生态系统正在分崩离析。
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
我们正处在大灭绝的伊始。
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
可你们一个个满嘴都是钱钱钱,张口就是持续经济增长的美梦童话。
How dare you!
你们怎么能这样!
For more than 30 years the science has been crystal clear.
三十多年了,科学家早已经把事情说的明明白白。
How dare you continue to look away,
你们怎么能一直坐视不理,
and come here saying that you are doing enough,
来这说自己已经尽力了,
when the politics and solutions needed are still nowhere in sight.
可需要的政策和解决办法依旧遥遥无期。
You say you "hear" us and that you understand the urgency.
你告诉我你在倾听,能体会到这事迫在眉睫。
But no matter how sad and angry I am, I do not want to believe that.
可就算我再怎么悲伤与愤怒,我也不会相信。
Because if you really understood the situation and still kept on failing to act,
因为如果你们体会到了事情的紧迫却依旧无动于衷,
then you would be evil.
那你们就是恶魔。
And that I refuse to believe.
所以我拒绝相信。
The popular idea of cutting our emissions in half in 10 years only gives us a 50 % chance of staying below 1.5 degrees,
十年内减排半数尾气这一普遍的想法只能使全球温度升高保持在1.5度范围内的可能性达到50%,
and the risk of setting off irreversible chain reactions beyond human control.
而且不可逆的连锁反应一旦引起,人类根本手足无措。
50% may be acceptable to you.
你们或许对50%可以接受。
But those numbers do not include tipping points,
但是这些减排数字不包括微小的排放,
most feedback loops, additional warming hidden by toxic air pollution or the aspects of equity and climate justice.
和大多数的循环次生问题,另外,有毒气体污染或者气候公平以及气候公正方面也可导致气候变暖。
They also rely on my generation sucking hundreds of billions of tonnes of your CO2 out of the air with technologies that barely exist.
他们还指望我们这一代用当前几乎不存在的技术去处理空气中千亿吨的二氧化碳。
So a 50% risk is simply not acceptable to us,
所以说50%的风险我们就是不接受,
we who have to live with the consequences.
我们必须面对结果去生活。
To have a 67% chance of staying below 1.5 degrees of global temperature rise,
保持低于1.5摄氏度的气温升高,其概率在67%,
the best odds given by the IPCC,
这是政府间气候变化专门委员会给出的最佳方案,
the world had 420 gigatonnes of CO2 left to emit back on January 1, 2018.
截止2018年1月1日,为维持全球气温升高低于1.5摄氏度,全球排放二氧化碳指标还有4200亿吨。
Today, that figure is already down to less than 350 gigatonnes.
今天,这一数字已经降到了3500亿吨。
How dare you pretend that this can be solved with just business-as-usual and some technical solutions.
你们怎么会觉得只要按部就班,然后用一些技术方法就能解决问题呢?
With today's emissions levels, that remaining CO2 budget will be entirely gone within less than eight and a half years.
考虑到现今的排放量,所剩的二氧化碳指标再过8.5年,将会使用殆尽。
There will not be any solutions or plans presented in line with these figures here today.
如今,面对这些数字,没有任何解决办法或计划一一就位。
Because these numbers are too uncomfortable.
这些数字实在令人不快。
And you are still not mature enough to tell it like it is.
你们依旧不够成熟,没学会把事实原本的真相告诉我们。
You are failing us.
你们辜负了我们。
But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal.
但是现在的年轻人开始看清了你们的背信弃义。
The eyes of all future generations are upon you.
未来一代代子孙的所有目光都注视着你们。
And if you choose to fail us, I say we will never forgive you.
如果你们选择辜负我们,我要说,我们永远不会原谅你们。
We will not let you get away with this.
我们不会让你们这样拍拍屁股走人。
Right here, right now is where we draw the line.
就在这里,就是现在,最后的通牒。
The world is waking up.
世界正在苏醒。
And change is coming, whether you like it or not.
你们喜欢也罢,讨厌也罢,改变正在上演。
Thank you.
感谢各位。
用户评论