58走遍美国_黄金时间 Quality Time ACT I

2024-02-10 20:17:2203:19 36.5万
声音简介

Where's Mom?  妈妈呢?
She went to a school-board meeting.  
她去参加联合校董会会议了。
I don't know how she does it. 
我不明白她怎就这么忙。
She sure keeps busy. 她真是忙得马不停蹄。
It's important to her.  这工作对她很重要。
There are lots of places to go, 有很多地方要去,
lots of things to do. 有很多事情要做。
She can't sit around and do nothing.  
她总不能闲坐着无所事事呀。
Philip works late.  
Philip不也工作很晚。
I guess you're right. 我想你说得对。
I wish I had her energy.我期望也有她那样的精力。
Anybody home?  大伙在家吗?
We're in here, Dad. 我们在这,爸爸。
Oh. Hi, gang.  噢。嗨,你们好。
Hello, Philip.  哈罗,Philip。
How was your day?  今天好吗?
My day was just fine. 这一天还算好。
So was my night.  晚上也还不算忙。
It's almost ten o'clock.  现在就快十点钟啦。
Mmm. I'm starving. 嗯,我饿坏了。
Um ... where's Mom?  唔……孩他妈呢?
She went to a school-board meeting. 
她去参加联合校董会的会议。
There's a note for you on the refrigerator. 
冰箱上有她留给你的字条。
Oh? 噢?
“亲爱的:我会迟归;三明治在冰箱里,甜饼在餐桌上。爱你的Ellen。”
Did you have dinner, Robbie? 你吃晚餐了吗,Robbie?
Yeah.   吃了。
Mike and I had a hamburger at the diner.  
Mike和我在小吃店吃了汉堡。
I came home a little while ago. 我也是刚到家。
You've been working late  你一直工作到很晚,
almost every night this week, Dad. 
几乎这个星期的每天晚上都如此,爸爸。
Aren't you exhausted? 你不会精疲力尽吗?
I don't have time to be exhausted. 
我连感到累的时间都没了。
You and Mom haven't had dinner together with us  
你和妈妈没和我们一起吃晚餐,
in almost a full week.  差不多有一整个星期了。
Yeah,  是啊。
I feel bad  我觉得很歉疚
about us not having dinner with the family, 
对于我们无法与家人共进晚餐一事,
but our schedules are so different. 
但我们的工作日程实在是南辕北辙。
Either I'm at the hospital doing paperwork, 
不是我在医院写病历,
or Mom is at a committee meeting.  
就是妈妈参加校董会议。
I frankly don't know what to do about it. 
我真不知道该怎么解决。
I'm worried about you and Mom.  我很担心你和妈妈。
You really have been working too hard. 你们确实太忙了。
Well, 好啦,
I think I've had enough of that sandwich. 
我想已吃够多三明治。
You didn't finish it.  你没有吃完它。
It's not good to eat before going to bed. 
上床前吃太多不好。
A cookie can't hurt, though. 不过多片小甜饼不打紧。
Well,I'm heading off for bed    好啦,我先去睡了,
and a good night's sleep. 好好睡一觉吧。
Well, good night.  好吧,晚安。
Good night, Son.  晚安,儿子。
Good night, Dad.  晚安,爸爸。
I'm going to bed.  我去睡觉了。
Good night, Philip. 晚安,Philip。
Haven't you finished balancing that checkbook? 
你还没有核对完支票簿帐目吗?
I found another mistake. 我又发现一个差错。
I'll be off to bed myself in a minute. 
再过一会我也要上床睡了。
OK. Good night.  好,晚安。
I'm really concerned about them, 我真为他们担心,
Grandpa. 爷爷。
Concerned about whom? 为谁担心?
About Mom and Dad. 爸爸和妈妈。
They hardly ever see each other. 他们几乎彼此难碰面。
Dad often works late, 爸爸老是工作到很晚,
and Mom has all these committees she's on. 
妈妈又有那么多校董会议要开。
What do you propose to do about it? 
那你建议要怎么办?
You have that look in your eye. 
你看起来好像有了主意似的。
I don't know, 我不知道,
but there must be a way  但总该得想点办法
of getting them to spend more time together. 
让他们有更多时间相处。
Quality time.  一种千金难买的天伦时光。


猜你喜欢
走遍美国

familyalbumUSA

by:远美轩

走遍美国

扫描以下公众号二维码,获取更多中小学英语学习知识共享

by:北京中小学英语

走遍美国

《走遍美国》内容以住在纽约的一家三代人的生活为中心,内容涉及美国各地风土人情、社会生活的许多方面。所有演员都是优秀的专业演员,他们美语发音清晰、体态语言丰富,其...

by:大白宋

走遍美国

走遍美国全书通过不同场景展现了美国人生活中所遇到的英文。此本书可作为英语口语入门教材和不断温习的教材。

by:渴望Harry

走遍美国

更多学习资料详见微信公众号:天涯芳草学习园地微博:@天涯芳草hr群号:661535142

by:教书匠MrHuang

走遍美国

《走遍美国》(台译《欢乐美语》)(FamilyAlbumU.S.A.)是一套在大陆畅销数百万册、在全球35个国家同步使用的生活化美语教材。由美国新闻总署赞助...

by:何以解忧唯有学习

走遍美国

《走遍美国》(FamilyAlbumU.S.A.)是一套在国内畅销数百万册、在全球35个国家同步使用的生活化美语教材。它由美国新闻总署赞助,美国麦克米伦公司...

by:星期六英语