64走遍美国_职业选择 Career Choices ACT I

2024-02-11 22:26:4403:04 36.3万
声音简介

"Rock-a-bye, baby, on the tree top, 
When the wind blows,The cradle will rock.
摇啊摇,风吹树梢摇,宝宝歪头四处瞧;
荡啊荡,树动篮悠荡,咧嘴露出笑脸蛋.
When the bough breaks,The cradle will fall, 
And down will come baby, Cradle and all."  
晃啊晃,手忙脚更乱,未料摇得树丫断;
嘀嗒嘀,吊篮轻撒地,哭声顿作撼天戏.
Hi, Marilyn, 嗨,Marilyn。
What are you doing?  你在做什么?
Just sketching. 只是画些草图。
I've been thinking a lot about our responsibilities 
我对于我们的责任想了很多
in the past few weeks. 在最近几个星期。
I never stop thinking about them.  
我一直在思考这些问题,从未间断。
I've been wrestling   我一直左思右想
with the question of whether I go back to work or not. 
为的是否回去工作这个问题。
I see. 这一下我明白了。
And I'm torn. 但我左右为难。
I really want to go back to work, 我真的想回去工作,
use my talents, 发挥我的才智,
and pursue my career in fashion design 
追求我在时装设计事业,
like we always thought I would. 就像我们一向认定的那样。
But now ... 但是现在……
I want to be with Max as a full-time mother, 
我又想和Max在一起,做个全职的母亲,
especially when he's a baby. 特别是他还小。
I really understand, Marilyn. 我真的能理解,Marilyn。
But you never have to worry about Max.
但你根本不用担心Max。
There's Mother and Grandpa ...有妈妈和祖父呢……
and I can always arrange my photo schedule 
而且我也能随时调整摄影工作
around your schedule,  配合你的工作日程,
if that will help.  假如那样有所帮助的话。
It's not the same, Richard. 那不一样的,Richard。
Have you discussed going back to work with your boss? 
你已跟老板讨论过回去工作的事吗?
Rita Mae called yesterday.  Rita Mae昨天打电话来了。
Ah! That's what's got you thinking, isn't it?  
噢!就是那通电话使你心思萌动,是吗?
She wants to know  她想知道
when I think I'll be returning to the boutique. 
我打算几时回装店工作。
And you said ... ?  那你怎么说的?
I said I'd give her an answer in a few days ... 
我说过几天再回话……
that I wasn't sure. 当时说我不能确定。
I'm sure Rita Mae will understand   我相信Rita Mae会理解的,
and wait until you're ready to go back to work. 
她会耐心等你准备好回去工作。
Well, maybe she will, and maybe she won't.  
嗯,也许她会,也许她不会。
Who knows? 谁知道?
If I don't accept her offer, 假如我不接受她这个工作机会,
maybe she'll find someone else in the meantime, 
她也许会在这段时间找别的人。
and when I'm ready to go back, 而当我准备好要回去时,
there won't be a job for me.  已经没有空职了。
That's something to consider. 这是需要考虑的一点。
You've got yourself to think about, too. 你也得为自己着想。
But I am thinking about myself.但我就是在为自己着想呀。
Don't you see? 你不明白吗?
What do you mean?  你是什么意思?
It's not just the job. 不只是考虑那项工作而已。
It's also my career as Max's mother. 
当Max的母亲也是我的事业。
That's the way I look at it. 我就是这么看这件事的。
I have two career opportunities at the same time. 
我同时有两个事业机会。
My career as a fashion designer  时装设计事业
and my career as a mother.  和担任母亲的事业。
I never really thought about being a mother as a career. 
我真的从来没有想到做母亲还是一种事业。
I guess you do have two career opportunities  
我想你的确是有两个事业机会,
and a decision to make.而且必须做一个抉择。
I hear Max.我听到Max哭了。
I'll go to him.  我去照料。
No, that's OK. I'll do it. 不,没关系。我去打理。


用户评论

表情0/300

wendy_v8

求求了🙏

wendy_v8

I've been thinking a lot about our responsibilities in the past few weeks. 

wendy_v8

第64天,第64课。除了这个,我还能做什么?

华语乐谈MVP亲子播客

I've been thinking a lot about our responsibilities in the past few weeks. 

猜你喜欢
走遍美国

《走遍美国》(台译《欢乐美语》)(FamilyAlbumU.S.A.)是一套在大陆畅销数百万册、在全球35个国家同步使用的生活化美语教材。由美国新闻总署赞助...

by:江南西道小镇

走遍美国

《走遍美国》(台译《欢乐美语》)(FamilyAlbumU.S.A.)是一套在大陆畅销数百万册、在全球35个国家同步使用的生活化美语教材。由美国新闻总署赞助...

by:何以解忧唯有学习

走遍美国

走遍美国全书通过不同场景展现了美国人生活中所遇到的英文。此本书可作为英语口语入门教材和不断温习的教材。

by:渴望Harry

走遍美国

经典英语教材走遍美国,对口听力的帮助极大。需要每集大量的重复听说。

by:琼小妹

走遍美国

更多学习资料详见微信公众号:天涯芳草学习园地微博:@天涯芳草hr群号:661535142

by:教书匠MrHuang

走遍美国

familyalbumUSA

by:远美轩