There is a way, Malcolm. 有一个办法,Malcolm。
We get our friends to roll their sleeves up and get to work.
我们召集我们的朋友,共同卷起袖子来做。
It's certainly a good idea. 这的确是个好主意。
If I could take a look at the place,
假如我能看看那个地方的话,
I could probably tell what it requires to fix it up.
大致能搞清修复它需要些什么。
How much paint, how many hours of work ...
多少油漆,多少小时的工作量……
That's what I came to ask you to do, Malcolm.
这正是我来请你做的,Malcolm。
If you would supervise the refurbishing,
假如你能监工整修过程,
I'll find the people to help do it.
我可以找人来带你去勘察。
I'll help too, Mr. Baker.
我也要帮忙,Baker先生。
I can get some of my friends to go around the neighborhood
我可以叫我的朋友们,走访号召社区邻里帮忙,
and collect the furniture we need.
并募集我们需要的家具。
I'll help. 我也来帮忙。
Tomorrow. Yes. We'll meet tomorrow morning, right here.
明天。对,我们明天早晨会面,就在这儿。
Can we help? 我们可以帮忙吗?
I'd really like to. 我真的希望帮忙。
Sure. 当然。
We might need you to come through with your friends, Robbie.
我们也许需要你们多邀朋友来帮忙,Robbie。
Not just to go around the neighborhood asking for furniture,
不仅在这社区募家具,
but to help with the paint job. 还要帮忙粉刷。
That's backbreaking work and may be too much for us.
这可是会累断腰的工作,我们可能不堪重负。
I'll do it. I'll talk to them. 我来做,我去跟他们谈一谈。
And tomorrow morning we'll all meet here to discuss the plan?
是不是明早我们聚到这来讨论整修计划?
Tomorrow morning it is. 就定明天早晨。
Come in, come in. Please, come in. 请进,请进。请进来。
I'd like you to meet my friend Malcolm Stewart.
我来为你介绍我的朋友Malcolm Stewart。
Malcolm, this is Joanne Thompson.
Malcolm,这是Joanne Thompson。
Hello, Joanne. Nice to meet you.
你好,Joanne。很高兴见到你。
My pleasure, Malcolm.
我也很荣幸,Malcolm。
And this is Abe Lucas. You must remember Abe.
这是Abe Lucas。你一定记得Abe。
He ran the drugstore 他经营药房,
and used to play drums with the jazz band on weekends.
周末还经常在爵士乐队中打鼓。
Oh, sure I do. Hi, Abe.
噢,我当然记得。嗨,Abe。
Hello, Mr. Stewart.
哈罗,Stewart先生。
Malcolm, please.
请叫我Malcolm吧。
Hello, Malcolm.
哈罗,Malcolm。
Sit down, sit down. Have some coffee.
请坐,请坐。喝点咖啡。
And I've got some delicious Danish pastry for you.
我为你们准备了一些可口的丹麦点心。
Where's your grandson Robbie and his friend Alexandra?
你的孙子Robbie和他的朋友Alexandra呢?
Weren't they going to be here this morning?
他们不是今天早上要来这儿吗?
I thought so, too. 我也这样想。
I'm surprised they're not here.
我很蹊跷他们怎么没来。
Robbie left early this morning to meet Alexandra.
Robbie一大早就出去接Alexandra。
Frankly, I thought they'd be here, but ...
说实在的,我原以为他们会在这儿,但……
It's OK. I'm sure they meant well,
没有关系。我确信他们要真心帮忙,
but they probably had other things on their minds.
但他们也许还有其他的事想要做。
I understand you used to be in the construction business,Malcolm.
听说你过去从事建筑业,Malcolm.
I was, indeed. 的确如此。
I wonder if you would take a look at the old library
我想知道你可否勘察下旧图书馆,
and make sure that it is in good condition
以确定它是状况良好的,
so that we don't have to worry about any structural problems.
我们就可以不用担心建筑结构上有啥毛病。
When can I do that? I'd be happy to.
啥时可以去看?我很乐意做这项工作。
We've got permission to go inside the old building
我们已获准进入那栋老建筑物,
during the week-- Tuesday or Wednesday.
在本周内-- 周二或周三吧。
That's fine with me. I can do it either day.
对我来说时间很适合。对这两天我随时可去。
That would be very helpful. 你这样做帮忙可大噢。
I think the building just needs a good cleaning.
我想那座建筑仅需彻底打扫,
And a good paint job. 以及好好粉刷一下。
Then we have to furnish it. 然后我们还得装潢摆设。
I wish Robbie and Alexandra had come to this meeting.
我真希望Robbie和Alexandra已经来参加开会。
They had some ideas about getting the place fixed up.
他们对修复这地方会有些构想的。
Perhaps they'll show up. In the meantime,
也许他们随时会露面的,就在等他们这会儿,
let me give you some additional thoughts and ideas I have.
让我给你提些另外的想法,是我思考的。
OK. 好。
Go ahead, Joanne. 请讲吧,Joanne。
As I said, mostly the building just needs a good cleaning.
就像我先前所说的,这栋建筑物大部份仅需好好打扫一下。
This place can be developed
此地还可拓展用途,
with one real intergenerational program.
以方便不同年龄层人休闲娱乐。
That's an idea I like. 我喜欢这样的主意。
A community center 一个社区中心的功能,
with the kinds of programs that fit everyone.
得适合每个人进行多样活动。
And programs that don't leave anyone out.
不能排斥他人活动。
It's asking a lot.
那需要做许多工作。
But we can't do it without talking to the young people.
不过事先没和年轻人谈过,我们不能匆匆行事。
Finding out what they want.
得弄清他们想要什么。
If only Robbie and Alexandra were here.
要是Robbie和Alexandra在这,就好了。
Don't be upset, Malcolm.
别懊恼了,Malcolm。
We'll have a chance to talk to them later.
我们以后还有机会跟他们谈。
It's not like Robbie. 这不像是Robbie的作为。
If he says he's going to be here, he's here.
假如他说要来这,他一定会来这。
I wonder what the problem is.
我不知道发生了什么事了。
声音简介
用户评论
表情0/300
音频列表
- 2015-05
- 2015-05
- 2015-05
- 2015-05
- 2015-05
- 2015-05
- 2015-05
- 2015-05
- 2015-05
- 2015-05
查看更多
wendy_v8
不错
wendy_v8
wendy_v8
求
华语乐谈MVP亲子播客
I can get some of my friends to go around the neighborhood and collect the furniture we need.
听友377949805
谢谢主播