欢迎关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
参与每周一到周五的英语直播分享
A: Bob refused all his classmates' invitation.
鲍勃拒绝了班上所有人的邀请。
B: I really could not understand him.
我真的不明白他这个人。
A: He's surely a hard nut. Nobody likes approaching him.
他真是个脑子不开窍的人,没人愿意接近他。
B: We'd better also leave him alone.
我们最好也别惹他。
01
hard nut
难对付的人;顽固不化的人;不容易了解的人
He's a hard nut; he won't back down easily.
他是个硬汉,不会轻易让步。
hard nut to crack
难对付的人;棘手的事
This math problem is a hard nut to crack.
这个数学题很难解。
He is a hard nut to crack, but we managed to negotiate a deal with him.
他是个难缠的人,但我们设法与他谈判达成一致。
My manager is a hard nut to crack. He always shouts at me about what I have done.
我的经理是个难对付的人,他总是针对我做的事情对我大吼大叫。
The old computer is a hard nut to crack, it keeps crashing, and we can't figure out the problem.
这台旧电脑是个难题,总是死机,并且我们无法找到问题所在。
The problem of hunger worldwide is a hard nut to crack. I'm afraid that scientists need to put in more efforts.
全球性饥饿问题是个棘手问题,恐怕科学家需要付出更多的努力。
02
approach
接近/靠近某人或某地
The train approached the station.
火车靠近车站。
The airplane approached the runway, preparing for landing.
飞机靠近跑道,准备降落。
As I approached the park, I could hear the laughter of children playing.
当我走近公园时,我能听到孩子们玩耍的笑声。
03
leave sb alone
让某人单独待着,不要打扰或者干涉某人
Can you leave your brother alone? He's trying to study.
你能让你的弟弟单独待会吗?他正在学习。
I need some time to think, so please leave me alone.
我需要一些时间来思考,所以请让我单独待会。
He's in bad mood, so it's best to leave him alone.
他心情不好,最好别打扰他。
听友505315973
有文字版吗
听客王晖
hard nut 难对付的人 顽固不化的人 hard nut to crack 棘手的事 This math problem is a hard nut to crack.
听友449130962
可以有短语的拼写吗