It Is As You Will 这由你来决定

2018-05-06 20:58:0703:36 860
声音简介

It Is As You Will

这由你来决定


There was once a wise old woman who lived back in the hills.

从前有一位博学的老妇人,她住在后山。


All the children used to come back and ask her questions.

过去所有的孩子都经常来找她问问题。


She always gave the right answers.

她总是有求必应。


There was a naughty little boy among the children.

其中有一个调皮的小男孩。


One day, he caught a tiny bird and held it in his cupped hands.

有一天, 他抓到一只小鸟捧在双手。


He gathered his friends around, and said, “Let’s trick the old woman. I’ll ask her what I’m holding in my hands.

他把伙伴们叫到身边,说:“咱们去戏弄一下那个老太太。我要问她我手里握着什么东西。


She’ll answer for sure that I have a bird. Then I’ll ask her if the bird is living or dead.

她肯定会回答说我握的是小鸟。然后我会问她小鸟是活的还是死的。


If she says the bird is dead, I’ll open my hands and let the bird fly away.

如果她说鸟是死的,我就张开手让小鸟飞走。


If she says the bird is alive, I’ll quickly crush it and show her the dead bird.

如果她说小鸟是活的,我就马上用劲一捏,让她看到死了的小鸟。


Either way, she’ll be wrong.”

不管用什么方法,她都说不对。”


The children agreed that this was a clever plan.

孩子们都异口同声地说,这是一个聪明的计划。


Up the hill they went to the old woman's hut.

他们爬上山,来到了老妇人的小屋。


“Granny, we have a question for you.” They all shouted.

“奶奶,我们要问您一个问题。”他们都大声说道。


“What is in my hand?” asked the little boy.

“我手里是什么东西?”那个小男孩问道。


“Why, it must be a bird,” replied the old woman.

“噢,肯定是一只小鸟。”老妇人回答说。


“But is it living or dead?” demanded by the excited boy.

“可它是活的还是死的呢?”小男孩兴奋地问道。


The old woman thought for a moment and then replied, “It is as you will, my child.”

老妇人想了一会儿,然后回答说:“我的孩子,这由你来决定。”

用户评论

表情0/300
喵,没有找到相关结果~
暂时没有评论,下载喜马拉雅与主播互动