0221_55岁的路极运动者,拒绝用年龄定义自己

2021-02-21 23:46:21 9387
声音简介

Sometimes we let our age, we let our number define us.
有时,我们让年龄、让数字来定义自己。
It’s like gray hair bothers so many people and it just limits happiness.
就好像变老会困扰很多人,限制了他们的快乐。
I think once we can become comfortable with who we are and what we’re doing and create a life that we love, it changes everything.
我认为,只要我们接受真实的自己,接受自己正在做的事,并努力过上向往的生活,那人生就会大有不同。
My name is CJ Wilkinson, and I’m a mom, a hospice nurse, but when I’m riding my street luge downhill, people know me as Mama Wilky.
我的名字叫希杰·威尔金森,我是一名母亲,一名临终关怀护士,但当我躺在滑板上滑下公路时,人们都知道我是威尔基妈妈。
All right, let’s go.
好了,出发吧。
People think I’m a real thrill seeker, and I find it thrilling, but it’s also very peaceful. It’s almost a spiritual experience for me.
人们认为我是一个追求刺激的人,路极运动确实很刺激,但也很平静。这对我来说这几乎是一种精神体验。
It’s so quiet in my helmet.
我戴着头盔时感觉特别的宁静。
Street luge helps get rid of the anxiety and the stress and depression that sometimes I’m dogged with.
路极运动帮我消除生活中的焦虑和压力。
Working as a hospice nurse, it can be really challenging and I feel heartbroken sometimes and it just provides a release and I can come back and be as good as ever the next day.
当一名临终关怀护士真的不容易,有时候我感到很伤心,但滑行让我得到放松,当我第二天回到岗位时,我依然精神如初。
It’s almost like flying on the earth.
这就像在地面上飞行一样。
Not too fast. I’m old.
别滑太快了,我老了。
Next week I’ll be 55 years old and I started about three years ago.
下周我就55岁了,我是三年前开始这项运动的。
It was a really challenging time. I got sick after running my last half marathon in 2011 and it took years before we figured out what was wrong and eventually I ended up unable to work and in bed most days.
当时生活真的非常艰难。2011年跑完最后一场半程马拉松后我生病了,几年之后我才查明病因,最后我甚至都不能去上班,大部分时间只能卧病在床。
This is what it looks like to wake up with Lyme disease, very hard.
这就是我得了莱姆病之后醒来的样子,真的太难了。
I know you thought you’re gonna die.
我知道你当时觉得你要死了。
I was told I was probably not gonna make it, remember?
当时医生告诉我可能治不了,记得吗?
Yeah.
记得。
Luge gave her motivation to keep going because otherwise she was ready to give up, and we found the low-dose immunotherapy.
路极运动给了她活下去的动力,不然她肯定已经放弃了。后来我们发现了低剂量免疫疗法。
That was a key thing and that turned things around and made a big difference.
这对治好莱姆病非常关键,这种疗法扭转了病情,给她带来了很大的变化。
It’s still part of my stay well strategy and I can’t imagine not doing this.
路极运动仍然是我保持健康生活的一部分,我无法想象离开这项运动。
My downhill family feels like just a bouquet of wild flowers.
我的路极小家庭就像一束野花。
We’re all unique, but we make a beautiful thing when we come together.
我们都是独一无二的,但当我们走到一起时,我们就会变成亮丽的风景。
So, I am the skate mom of the community.
所以我是这个团体的“滑板妈妈”。
I love all the people I ride with and I just bring them under my wing and make them my own, and they don’t seem to mind.
我喜欢跟他们一起滑行,喜欢保护他们,把他们当自己的孩子一样看待,他们好像也不介意。
We don’t litter, Cade. You can’t litter.
凯德,不要乱扔垃圾。你不能这样。
It’s biodegradable.
这是可降解的。
Mom yelled at you.
妈妈在骂你呢。
Shut up!
闭嘴!
It’s not biodegradable.
这些东西不可以降解。
She’s Mama Wilky all the way. I mean like, every time we go down the hill, she makes sure we have everything.
她是我们的威尔基妈妈。每次我们滑行时,她都准备好了我们需要的所有东西。
If we fall or if anything’s happening, she’s right there if you need anyone to hear you out.
如果我们摔了下来或者发生了任何事,她都会在身边,如果你需要她,她就会听你倾诉。
She’s my other mother, that’s all.
她是我的干妈,就是这样。
You don’t see a lot of, like women skating, and you also don’t see a lot of older women skating. So, it’s kind of abnormal, you know.
很少有女性参加这个运动,更不用说年龄较大的女性了,所以她真的很与众不同。
My favorite part is that she’s super fast, like she’s faster than all of us.
我最喜欢的就是她滑的非常快,比我们任何人都快。
Although it’s a male-dominated sport, the women are starting to catch on and we actually had our first women’s division two years ago.
虽然这项运动以男性为主,但也渐渐在女性中流行起来,2年前我们建立了一个女子组。
Isn’t this the greatest adventure?
这是滑的最爽的一次吧。
Yeah.
是的。
The maximum speed that I have achieved was 70 miles an hour in the training run in Colorado. It was mind-boggling. It is so fast.
在科罗拉多的训练中,我滑到了我的最快速度,70英里每小时。难以置信,太快了。
Well, the dangers here on an open road where we ride are the oncoming traffic.
迎面而来的车辆是我们滑行的巨大危险。
They come into our lane, and when they do that, they really jeopardize our safety because we could be coming around a blind corner and not know they’re there.
他们一旦开进我们滑行的车道就会威胁我们的安全,因为我们会有一个视野盲区,看不到车辆。
My husband worries a lot. He’s kind of a worrywart, actually.
我的丈夫非常担心我的安全,甚至有点杞人忧天。
Is everybody in?
都上来了吗?
He drives for me. We have a truck that follows us down. He drives it and that prevents any traffic from coming from behind and overcoming us.
他会开车送我。他每次都开车跟在我们后面,防止有车辆从后面开来撞到我们。
Best driver in the business. I love you man.
你是我最好的司机,爱你。
He does support me. He gets up at dawn and drives me and he also joins me when he rides his gravity bike.
他非常支持我,每天他都起个大早开车送我,有时还骑上他的重力自行车加入我们。
And they call him papa.
他们都叫他爸爸。
I hope that I encourage other women. Whatever your passion is, if it lights your heart on fire, start it back up.
我希望我可以激励其他女性,无论你对什么有激情,只要它能点燃你的内心,就让它一直燃烧。
Anything’s possible at any age, just keep doing what you love.
年龄限制不了任何事,去做你热爱的事情吧。

用户评论

表情0/300

1389531tmow

自幕就好了

猜你喜欢
脚下路,岁月书

在旅行中,见天地!见众生!见自己!慢慢走,慢慢游!看看不一样的人间烟火!

by:说书女先生_永不断更

35岁后,我无路可退?

用16个中年人的故事,来讲述35岁以后难走的路!

by:金豆子读书

35岁后,我无路可退?

35岁是人生的分水岭。对于大部分人来说,这个年龄意味着:失业、瓶颈和压力。我们的身体机能开始退化,学习能力大不如前,更不似刚毕业那会儿意气风发。当生活给我们一记...

by:珍爱悦读

岁月静好思南路

二十世纪二三十年代,上海法租界当局要在法租界的中心打造一片齐整的“东方巴黎”,因而立于法租界核心的思南路,接受了法兰西的浪漫情怀熏陶,方圆一公里内的独立式花园洋...

by:导览大师

35岁前,铺平人生道路

这本书从第二章开始,进入正题后就比较好看了。第三本书,这个要还回去,所以放在第二本之前。

by:塔纳则

20-30岁,你的出路在哪里?

对于20-30岁之间的你。如何准确定位?让自己少走弯路。冲破眼前的重重迷雾,为自己找到一条清晰的道路。做好人生规划,有效管理时间和行为,成为自己想成为的人。

by:读手

FORREST英文之路|5岁阅读打卡

成功的办法就是找到好方法,坚持不懈的做下去,直到满意呈现

by:爱自己共成长

听怡辰辰说:三十岁的我们在路上

这是怡辰辰给三十岁的自己和你们一个礼物,每天坚持更新美文,做一个在忙碌生活中,爱自己,爱生活,不浪费,不虚度的人。努力与这个世界心安理得的和平共处!

by:怡辰辰

7~14岁|《会走路的人》晓月朗读

《台湾儿童文学馆·林良美文书坊——会走路的人》有声伴读(著名电台主持人晓月阿姨温暖伴读)台湾儿童文学馆林良美文书坊(台湾儿童文学泰斗林良先生写给孩子们的美德书,...

by:小火炬电台