When it comes to magic, theres no logical solution why did that coin vanish from your hand?
魔术是无法用逻辑来解释的,比如为什么这个硬币从你手上消失了?
Then, the next things is, do it again or do something else miraculous.
接下来,就可能让你再做一次,或者表演其他令人惊奇的魔术。
Is magic real or is magic an illusion?Id like to show you what comes to mind just as an example.
魔术是真的,还是只是障眼法?让我告诉你观众是怎么想的。
And were just going to use these three half-dollars right here.
我手上有三个50美分的硬币,
Focus on this first one.
先看第一个,
Three coins, two hands, no sleeves, no bracelets.
三个硬币,两只手,没有袖子,没有手饰。
So, you think of things happening thats impossible, but youre making the impossible possible
所以,你会觉得眼前的事是不可能的,但你却将不可能变为了可能,
and youre also creating astonishment.
同时你也创造了奇迹。
So, when you think about magic, you have to think about creativity
当你谈到魔术的时候,你会想到创造力,
and most importantly, making the impossible possible.
当然,最重要的是,把不可能变成可能。
What is real?So, I got started in magic, not when I was young like most people.
什么是真实的?跟大多数魔术师不同,我不是很小就开始学魔术的。
I got started in magic when I was in graduate school at Penn State studying health education research.
我是在宾州州立大学研究生院学习健康教育研究期间开始学习魔术的。
It was just a hobby for me, something to do to just to pass the time, card tricks.
这只是我的一个爱好,让我打发时间,就是一些纸牌把戏。
Me and a group of friends, we used to get together and do card tricks.
我和一群朋友经常聚在一起玩儿纸牌把戏。
So, I just took a leap of faith and I just said Im going to give myself one year.
然后大决定大胆一试,给自己一年的时候。
If it doesnt work out in one year, Ill just go back to school, get a job and just continue on with life.
如果一年之内我不能成功,那我就回到学校继续学习,找个班上,继续过日子。
Well, one year ended up being 16 years and I havent looked back yet.
结果一年就变成了十六年,我再也没有回去了。
So, thats when I decided I want to do magic full time.
也是那个时候,我决定开始全职表演魔术。
Show time. I believe that every artist should use their platform to talk about greater issues beyond their art.
好戏开始了。我总相信艺术家应该在舞台上展现一些超越艺术的话题。
So, theres some elements in my show that are subtle and then some that are not subtle,
所以我的节目中有一些元素是很微妙的,也有一些是不微妙的,
that I speak about those issues and I let people into my world and what I think about it.
我会谈论这些话题,让观众走进我的世界,知道我在想什么。
For example, I was performing in Iowa one time.
比如我有一次在爱荷华州演出。
It was at a college campus but it was two hours outside, two-and-a-half hours outside of Des Moines, Iowa.
当时是在大学校园里演出,但是要露天表演两个小时,在爱荷华州的得梅因市露天表演两个半小时。
I get there. I set up. Im behind the curtain. I peek out. 500 people here.
我到了之后,站在幕帘后面偷偷往外瞥,观众居然有500人。
I was like, "Oh my gosh. Okay, I know exactly what Im going to say."
我当时在想,“天呐,我知道我一会儿要说什么了。”
As soon as the emcee announced me, I walked on stage.
在主持人介绍我后,我就走上了舞台。
The first words out of my mouth is, "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming to the show.
我说的第一句话是,“女士们,先生们,谢谢各位今天的捧场。
When I got off the plane this morning, the Black population increased by 100 percent."
今天早上我下飞机那会儿,美国的黑人人口又翻了一番。“
Now, it came off as a joke but as they say, theres truth in comedy.
其实这本来只是一个笑话,但笑话中也蕴含了真理。
Thats proof that some stereotypes are true.
这也证明一些刻板印象是真实存在的。
And it resonated with everyone because they realized, wow, this is not a diverse town.
这也可以引起每个人的共鸣,因为他们意识到,这并不是一个多元的社会。
Wow, Ive never seen a Black magician before, but weve always been out there.
哇,我从来没有见过黑人魔术师,但是黑人魔术师一直都有。
As a matter of fact, one part of my show,
事实上,作为演出的一部分,
Ill talk about the very first American-born magician by the name of Richard Potter.So, prior to Houdini, prior to Doug Henning, prior to David Copperfield, prior to David Blaine,
我都会介绍美国的第一位魔术师,理查德·波特。在胡迪尼之前,在道格·亨宁之前,在大卫·科波菲尔之前,在大卫·布莱恩之前,
the very first magician on American soil was a Black man.And thats something to be proud about
第一个美国本土的黑人魔术师就是理查德·波特。我们都应该感到骄傲,
because people like Richard Potter, Henry Box Brown, Hiawatha Johnson Jr.,
因为人们喜欢理查德·波特、亨利·博克斯·布朗、小海瓦塔·约翰逊
these are all African American magicians. If I could see it, I could be it.
这些都是黑人魔术师,如果我可以看到他们的成就,我也可以成为你他们。
声音简介
用户评论
表情0/300
音频列表
- 2021-02
- 2021-02
- 2021-02
- 2021-02
- 2021-02
- 2021-02
- 2021-02
- 2021-01
- 2021-01
- 2021-01
查看更多
Xb__
声音有点吵