I Remember, I Remember by Thomas Hood - Rupert Penry Jones,
回忆 - 托马斯·胡德
I remember, I remember,
我忆起,我忆起,
Where I was used to swing,
经常荡秋千的地方,
And thought the air must rush as fresh,
迎面而来的风是如此清爽,
To swallows on the wing.
飞燕也颇有同感,
My spirit flew in feathers then,
昔日意气扬扬的心灵,
That is so heavy now,
现在变得如此沉重,
The summer pools could hardly cool,
就是夏日的池水也无法冷却,
The fever on my brow.
我额头的热狂,
I remember, I remember,
我忆起,我忆起,
The fir-trees dark and high.
茂密高耸的冷杉,
I used to think their slender tops,
我曾想象它细长的枝尖,
Were close against the sky.
逼近天空,
It was a childish ignorance,
虽然只是幼稚无知,
But now 'tis little joy,
但是,现在却少有那般快乐,
To know I'm farther off from Heaven,
因为我知道自己比孩童时代,离苍穹更遥远了.
Than when I was a boy.
当我还只是个稚气的男孩。
用户评论