《走遍美国》 E3A2 To be Alone or not to be

2022-09-10 00:28:1331:43 58
声音简介

ACT II   文本

Excuse me. Is this seat taken?对不起,请问这个座位有人吗?  

No, it's not taken.  没,没人坐。  

Oh, thank you.  啊,谢谢。  

Oh, let me help you with this.来,我帮你放。  

Oh, thank you.  谢谢你。  

Do you want to sit by the window?  想靠窗坐吗?

No, no, no. I like the aisle seat better.  不,不,不。我喜欢坐在靠过道的地方。  

Please, you sit by the window.你请靠窗坐。  

My name is Stewart... Malcolm Stewart.我姓Stewart……Malcolm Stewart。  

Pleased to meet you.很高兴遇见你。  

I'm Elsa Tobin. How do you do?我叫Elsa Tobin,你好。  

Do you live in New York?你住在纽约吗?  

No, no. I'm from Florida.不,我是从佛罗里达来的。  

I am, too. But didn't you just get on?我也是。可是,你不是刚上车的吗?  

No, no. I just changed my seat.  不,不。我仅仅换了一下座位。  

A man next to me was smoking,我旁边的那位男的吸烟,  

and smoke really bothers me.烟味我受不了。  

Where are you from in Florida?你从佛罗里达什么地方来?  

Titusville. It's near Orlando.    Titusville,就在Orlando附近。  

Small world. I'm from Titusville, too.世界真小。我也是从Titusville来的。  

Really? What part?真的么?什么地方?  

My husband and I live near Spaceport.  我和我丈夫住在Spaceport附近。  

I know that area.  我知道那地方。

My house is only a few miles from Spaceport.  我的家离Spaceport只有几里路。  

Do you still live there?你还住在那儿?  

Oh yes, yes. My husband's there now.  哦,对,对。我丈夫现在就在那儿。  

He couldn't take time off to come to New York with me.他走不开,没时间和我一起来纽约。  

Do you still live there?你现在还住那儿?   

No. I sold the house and the furniture,  不。我把房子家俱都卖了,  

put a few personal things in an old trunk,剩下一些个人东西放进一个旧衣箱,  

and shipped it to my children in New York.  运到我孩子那儿去了,他们住在纽约。  

That's my destination.那是我的目的地。  

Are you married?你有家室吗?  

My wife died four years ago.我妻子四年前去世了。  

She was a wonderful woman. A real friend.她是个很好的女人。一个真正的朋友。  

I'm sorry. Really, I'm sorry.  对不起,真的,我感到难过。  

Lots of wonderful memories.  许多美好的回忆。  

We were married almost fifty years.  我们结婚将近五十年。  

Well, forty-seven, to be exact.准确的说,是四十七年。  

John and I celebrate our fortieth anniversary next month.  下个月,John和我将庆祝我们的结婚四十周年纪念日。  

Oh, congratulations! That's nice.  啊,恭喜你们!太好了。  

What does John do? John现在做什么工作?  

He's an aerospace engineer他是航空工程师  

and works for Orlando Aircraft Corporation.  为奥兰多飞机制造公司工作。  

He started with them almost forty years ago.他在那儿做了近四十年了。  

What do you do?你现在做什么?  

I just retired. Had my own company.  我刚退休。我有自己的公司,

A construction company. Roads, bridges, big stuff.  一家建筑公司。道路、桥梁,都是大工程。  

But I just sold it and retired.  我前不久把它卖了,接着退休了。  

Excuse me, ma'am. Ticket, please.  对不起,太太。车票请拿出来看一下。  

Would you kindly hold these keys, please?请帮我拿一下这些钥匙,可以吗?  

I have a ticket, I know.  我知道,我有车票。

I was in the smoking section.  我原本坐在吸烟的位子。  

It's OK, lady. Take your time.  没关系,太太。慢慢来。  

I'm sure it's in your purse, Mrs. Tobin.我肯定是在您的皮包里,Tobin太太。  

Oh, here it is.  哦,在这儿。  

And here are your keys.你的钥匙。  

Thank you.谢谢。  

Do you have family in New York?你在纽约有亲戚吗?  

No, no. But I do have very close friends in New York City.  没有。但我在纽约有非常要好的朋友。  

We like to go to the theater together.  我们常一起去戏院。  

You said you have family in New York.你说你在纽约有家人。  

Yes, indeed.对,没错。  

A son and his wife and their three children--有个儿子、儿媳妇以及他们的三个孩子--   

my grandchildren.  我的孙儿女们。  

You must be excited.  您一定很兴奋。  

I can't wait, to see them!  我恨不得马上见到他们!  

Are you going to live with them?  您打算和他们一起住吗?  

Yes.  对。  

Permanently?一直住下去?  

Well... they want me to,  这……他们希望这样。  

but it's too early to know for sure.  但我现在还不能确定。  

I'm pretty independent.我是独立惯了的人。  

I tried to teach my kids the importance of independence,我总是告诫孩子们独立的重要性,  

but I'm not sure I want to be alone.  但我不知道我是否想一个人生活。  

Some people don't mind being alone. I do.  有些人不在乎独自生活,我在乎。  

I understand. But tell me.  我能理解。但你能告诉我,

Why did you stop working?  你为什么要退休?  

I retired because... I wanted to be with my family.我退休是因为……我想和全家人在一起。  

I didn't want to be alone anymore!我不想再一个人独自生活了!   





课后笔记: 

Amtrak 美国铁路

The National Railroad Passenger Corporationdoing business as Amtrak (reporting marks AMTKAMTZ), is a passenger railroad service that provides medium and long-distance inter-city rail service in the contiguous United States and to nine cities in Canada.

美国国家铁路客运公司(National Railroad Passenger Corporation of the USA),常用商标为Amtrak,简称美国国铁或美铁,是美国唯一一家长途和城际铁路客运公司,创立于1971年5月1日,总部位于美国哥伦比亚特区华盛顿联合车站。Amtrak是一个由英文美国(America)和铁轨(track)组成的混成词。


Titusvilleis a city in and the county seat of Brevard CountyFloridaUnited States.
泰特斯维尔是美国佛罗里达州布拉瓦县的一个城市,位于印第安河畔,为布拉瓦县的行政中心

Orlando (/ɔːrˈlændoʊ/) is a city in the U.S. state of Florida, and the county seat of Orange County

奥兰多(英语:Orlando)是位于美国佛罗里达州中部的一座城市,也是橙县 (又译奥兰治县) 的县治所在,根据美国人口调查局2006年统计,人口共220,186人。

take sth off

to remove something, especially clothes

脫下,脫掉(尤指衣服)

He took off his clothes and got into the shower.

他脫掉衣服,開始洗淋浴。

After the poisoning scare, the product was taken off the shelves/the market (= removed from sale).

發生擔心中毒的恐慌後,該產品被撤下了貨架/撤出了市場。

to spend time away from your work

休假

He took two weeks off in September.

他九月份休了兩週假。

用户评论

表情0/300
喵,没有找到相关结果~
暂时没有评论,下载喜马拉雅与主播互动
猜你喜欢
走遍美国

《走遍美国》(台译《欢乐美语》)(FamilyAlbumU.S.A.)是一套在大陆畅销数百万册、在全球35个国家同步使用的生活化美语教材。由美国新闻总署赞助...

by:凝雪幽兰夜

走遍美国

扫描以下公众号二维码,获取更多中小学英语学习知识共享

by:北京中小学英语

走遍美国

更多学习资料详见微信公众号:天涯芳草学习园地微博:@天涯芳草hr群号:661535142

by:教书匠MrHuang

走遍美国

《走遍美国》(FamilyAlbumU.S.A.)是一套在国内畅销数百万册、在全球35个国家同步使用的生活化美语教材。它由美国新闻总署赞助,美国麦克米伦公司...

by:星期六英语

走遍美国

经典英语教材走遍美国,对口听力的帮助极大。需要每集大量的重复听说。

by:琼小妹

走遍美国

《走遍美国》轻松,快乐学习生活口语,设计生活方方面面,帮助我们学会纯正美语,走遍美国。

by:porche小倩

走遍美国

《走遍美国》内容以住在纽约的一家三代人的生活为中心,内容涉及美国各地风土人情、社会生活的许多方面。所有演员都是优秀的专业演员,他们美语发音清晰、体态语言丰富,其...

by:大白宋

走遍美国

《走遍美国》(台译《欢乐美语》)(FamilyAlbumU.S.A.)是一套在大陆畅销数百万册、在全球35个国家同步使用的生活化美语教材。由美国新闻总署赞助...

by:何以解忧唯有学习

走遍美国

《走遍美国》(台译《欢乐美语》)(FamilyAlbumU.S.A.)是一套在大陆畅销数百万册、在全球35个国家同步使用的生活化美语教材。由美国新闻总署赞助...

by:江南西道小镇