Heavy Snow(3)
大雪(三)
After the discussion, I heaved a sigh of relief,
谈了出来之后松了一口气
a discussion with the company isn't as scary as I'd imagined it after all,
原来和公司谈没有想象中那么可怕嘛
also, the company isn’t as stubborn as I’d imagined.
公司也没有想象中那么顽固
Before doing many things, we are actually always scaring ourselves.
很多事在做之前,原来我们都是在自己吓自己
Before even fighting the battle, we've already given ourselves a roundhouse kick on behalf of the opponent,
还没打仗呢,自己先替对手给了自己一个回旋踢
“Nobody has ever done it before! Stop that wishful thinking of yours”
“以前从来没有人做过!不要痴心妄想啦”
“They will definitely not agree to it, once you've said it,
“肯定不可能答应的,你去说了,
you will become the person who sticks his neck out, you are so done for!”
你就变成了出头鸟,死定啦!”
> be done for
不中用了, 处境艰难,注定完蛋
Eg. Now I am done for!
这一下子我可完了。
Eg. This is done for your health and safety.
这是为了您的健康和安全着想。
Eg. I've had a very good time and thank you for everything you have done for me.
我过得很愉快。谢谢你为我在这儿所做的一切。
But the reality wasn’t like that at all.
但事实完全不是这样嘛
As long as you do the preparations you should do,
只要自己做好应该做的准备
after preparing what you hope to do and how to do it,
想做什么,怎么做,都准备好了以后
put in all your effort to fight for it.
尽自己努力去争取
During this process,
在这个过程中
I had to constantly remind myself to persevere with these two points:
我一直提醒自己要坚持两点:
firstly, work hard to allow yourself to be sufficiently capable;
第一,努力让自己具备足够的能力;
secondly, know what you really want, do you want to gain (something), or is it something else?
第二,知道自己真正想要的是什么,是利益,还是其他?
Think through it clearly, and do it, and these two points will be sufficient.
想清楚,做出来,只要有这两点就可以了
Actually, me choosing this path,
其实,我选择的这条路
whether or not will I succeed, whether or not if it is the right thing to do,
到底能不能成功,到底是不是完全正确
no one gave me that assurance, no one gave me the final answer.
没有人跟我保证,没有人告诉我最后的答案
> assurance [əˈʃʊərəns]
n.保证,担保;确信,信心;(人寿)保险
Eg. He gave me a definite assurance that the job would be finished tomorrow.
他给我确切保证,这项工作将于明日完成。
Eg. I have full assurance of his honesty.
我完全相信他的诚实。
Eg. He has a life assurance.
他投保了人寿保险。
assure [əˈʃʊə(r)]
vt.向…保证;使…确信;<英>给…保险
过去式: assured 过去分词: assured 现在分词: assuring
Eg. She's perfectly safe, I can assure you.
我可以向你保证,她绝对安全。
Eg. We assured him of our support.
我们向他保证会给予支持。
Eg. I assure you (that) we can arrive on time.
我保证我们可以按时到达。
All of this was something that we have to continuously explore
所有东西都是我们一直在探索
and to work hard for.
在努力去尝试
So the only thing that I can do is to remain committed to my own choice,
所以我能做的就只能是坚持自己的选择
> committed [kəˈmɪtɪd]
adj.忠诚的,坚定的
commit [kəˈmɪt]
vt.犯罪,做错事; 承诺,保证(做某事、遵守协议或遵从安排等);把…托付给;忠于,全心全意投入(工作、活动等)
过去式: committed 过去分词: committed 现在分词: committing
Eg. I have never committed any crime.
我从来没犯过罪。
Eg. He didn't commit himself to anything.
他没有作任何承诺。
Eg. The girl was committed to the care of an aunt.
这女孩被交给姨母照顾。
Eg. Commit to one choice and you will get everything done.
坚持一个选择,你就可以完成一切。
to devote hard work into the choice that I've made.
为了我自己的选择付出努力
BGM: 钢琴公馆 - 平凡之路(钢琴公馆即兴改编版)
用户评论