扎克伯格哈佛大学毕业演讲03|中英对照

2023-08-20 10:15:1810:09 6802
声音简介

I shared stories of my time in school, and they shared their hope that one day they would get to go to college too.
我向他们分享了我读书时的故事,他们分享了对走进大学深造的渴望。
For five years, I’ve had dinner with those students every month.
五年来,我每个月都会和那些学生一起共进一次晚餐。
One of them even threw Priscilla and me our first baby shower.
其中有一个孩子,甚至为我与普莉希拉的第一个宝宝的出生,举办了宝宝洗礼派对。
And next year they’re gonna college.
明年,这些孩子们都要上大学了,
Every one of them. First generation in their families.
是的,他们每一个都要上大学了,而且他们都将骄傲地成为自己家族里第一名大学生。
We can all make time to give someone a hand.
花一点时间,去帮助其他人,这是我们每个人都可以做到的。
Let's give everyone the freedom to pursue purpose -- not just because it's the right thing to do,
让我们通过此举,让每个人都有实现人生目标的自由——不仅因为这样做是正确的,
but because when more people can turn their dreams into something great, we're all better for it.
更是因为当人们可以把梦想变为伟大的现实时,我们每个人都会变得更好。
Purpose doesn't only come from work.
“目标”不仅来自于工作。
The third way we can create a sense of purpose for everyone is by building community.
去实现“让每个人都有活的有目标”的第三种方式是建立社区。
And our generation, when we says purpose for "everyone", we mean everyone in the world.
而当我们这一代人说“让每个人都有活的有目标”的时候,我们指的是——世界上的每一个人。
Now, quick show of hands: how many of you here are from another country?
现在来做一个调查:你们有多少人来自美国之外其他国家?
And now keep your hands up. Now, how many of you are friends with one of these folks?
不要放下你们的手,你们中有多少人是他们的朋友?
Now we're talking, See we have grown up connected.
看到了吗?我们出生在一个互联的世界。
In a recent survey of millennials around the world, asking what most defines our identity,
在最近一项调查中,世界各地的80后90后被要求选择自己认同的身份,
the most popular answer wasn't nationality, ethnicity or religion, it was "citizen of the world". That's a big deal.
最流行的答案不是国籍,种族或宗教,而是“世界公民”。这是一个标志性的事件。
Every generation expands the circle of people we consider "one of us".
每一代人都扩大了我们认同的“自己人”。
And in our generation, that now includes the whole world.
而对我们这代来说,它现在涵盖了整个世界。
We understand that the great arc of human history bends towards people coming together in ever greater numbers,
回顾历史,历史的车轮总是青睐于更大基数的集体,
from tribes to cities to nations -- to achieve things that we couldn't on our own.
从部落到城市到国家,实现了我们不能单独做的事情。
We get that our greatest opportunities are now global -- we can be the generation that ends poverty, that ends disease.
我们认为现在最大的机遇就是全球性的,我们可以成为终结贫穷和结束疾病的一代人。
Now, we get that our greatest challenges need global responses too.
但同时我们也意识到我们面临的巨大挑战,那需要全球性的协作。
No country can fight climate change alone or prevent pandemics.
没有一个国家可以单独应对气候变化或预防全球大瘟疫。
Progress now requires coming together not just as cities or nations, but also as a global community.
要想取得进步不能靠单个城市或国家,更是要团结全球的社会。
But we live in an unstable time.
我们生活在一个不稳定的时期。
There are people left behind by globalization across the whole world.
有人被全球化所抛弃。
And it's tough to care about people in other places if we don't first feel good about our lives here at home.
如果我们对我们自己的生活感到困扰,那么很难在别的地方照顾别人,
There's pressure to turn inwards.
因为有内在的压力。
This is the struggle of our time.
这是我们时代的斗争。
The forces of freedom, openness and global community against the forces of authoritarianism, isolationism and nationalism.
有支持自由,开放和反对威权主义,孤立主义和民族主义势力的力量。
Forces for the flow of knowledge, trade and immigration against those who would slow them down.
有支持知识流动,贸易和移民的。
This is not a battle of nations, it's a battle of ideas.
这不是一场国家之间的斗争,而是一场思想的斗争。
There are people in every country for more global connection and good people against it.
每个国家的人们都有支持和反对全球化的人。
And this isn't gonna be decided at the UN either.
这也不是能在联合国做出的决定。
It's gonna happen at the local level,
这将在每个地区发生,
when enough of us feel a sense of purpose and stability in our own lives that we can start to open up and care about everyone else too.
当我们能感觉到我们自己的使命和稳定感,我们才可以开始关心其他人。
And the best way to do that is to start building local communities right now.
而最好的办法就是开始建立当地的社群。
We all get a lot meaning from our communities.
我们都从我们的社群中获得很多的意义。
Whether our communities are houses or sports teams, churches or ** groups,
无论我们的社群是邻里社区还是运动小组,教堂或**团体。
they give us that sense that we are part of something bigger, that we are not alone;
他们给我们归属感,我们属于群体的一部分,我们不是一个人,
they give us the strength to expand our horizons.
社群给了我们扩大我们的视野的力量。
And that's why it's so striking that over the past few decades, membership in all kinds of communities has declined by as much as one-quarter.
这就是为什么这几十年来各类团体的会员人数下降了四分之一的事实需要引起注意!
That's a lot of people who now need to find sense of purpose somewhere else.
现在很多人都需要在别的地方寻找生活的使命感。
But I know that we can rebuild this communities and start new ones because many of you already are.
但是,我知道我们可以重建我们的社群,因为你们中许多人已经开始行动了。
I met Agnes Igoye, who's graduating today. Agnes, Where are you?
我看到了今天毕业的艾格尼丝。你在哪里,艾格尼丝?
Agnes spent her childhood navigating conflict zones with human trafficking in Uganda,
她在乌干达的冲突和贩卖人口地区度过童年时期,
and now she is trained thousands of law enforcement officials to keep communities safe.
现在她在训练数以千计的执法人员来维持社区的安全。
I met Kayla Oakley and Niha Jain, graduating today, too. Stand up, guys.
我看到凯拉和妮哈,也是今天毕业,请你们站以来。
Kayla and Niha started a non-profit that connects people suffering from chronic illnesses with people in their communities were willing to help out.
他们发起了一个非营利组织,将患有慢性疾病的人与社区内愿意帮助他们的人联系起来。
And I met David Razu Aznar, who's graduating from the Kennedy School today. David, stand up.
我看到了大卫,今天从肯尼迪政治学院毕业。大卫站起来。
David is a former city councilor who fought to make Mexico City the first Latin American city to pass marriage equality—even before San Francisco.
大卫是前墨西哥市的议员,他领导了一场使墨西哥城成为第一个通过婚姻平等法案的拉丁美洲城市的运动,甚至比旧金山还早。
And this is my story too.
这也是我自己的故事。
A student in a dorm, connecting one community at a time, and keeping at it until one day we can connect the whole world.
一个宅在宿舍的学生,连接了一个社群,然后始终维护它,直到有一天我们连接了整个世界。
Change starts local.
改变源于我们的身边。
Even global changes start small—with people like us.
甚至全球性的改变也是源自微小的事物。
In our generation, the struggle of whether we connect more, whether we achieve our greatest opportunities, comes down to this,
在我们这一代,我们的努力能否连接更多人和事,能否把握我们最大的机遇,都归结于这一点,
your ability to build communities and create a world where every single person has a sense of purpose.
你是否有能力搭建社群并且创造一个所有人都能有使命感的世界。
Class of 2017, you are graduating into a world that needs purpose.
2017届的校友们,你们毕业于一个无比需要使命感的世界,
And it's up to you to create it.
而怎么去创造它由你自己决定。
Now, Maybe you are asking yourself: can I really do this?
现在,你可能会自问:我真的能做到吗?
Well, remember when I told you about that class I taught at the Boys and Girls Club?
还记得我前面提到的我在男孩儿女孩儿俱乐部教授的课程吗?
One day after class I was talking to students about go to college, and
有一天下课后,我正和他们谈论大学,
one of my top students raised his hand and said that he wasn't sure he could go college because he's undocumented.
其中一个很棒的学生举手说,他并不确定他是否可以上大学因为他是非法移民。
He wasn't sure they'd take him.
他并不确定大学会不会批准他入学!
Last year I took him out to breakfast for his birthday.
去年,在他过生日的时候,我带他去吃早餐。
And I wanted to get him a gift, so I asked him what he wanted and
我想送给他一个礼物,所以我问他想要什么,
he just started talking about struggles that he saw other students in this class facing and
然后他开始谈论他看到的这一级学生所面临的斗争,
finally said "You know, I'd really just like a book on social justice."
最后他说:“你知道的,我其实就想要一本关于社会正义的书。”
I was blown away. Here is a young guy who has every reason to be cynical.
我被震撼到了。这个本该是个完全可以愤世嫉俗的年轻人。
He wasn't sure if the country he calls home—the only one he's known—was gonna deny him his dream of going to college.
他不知道他所称之为家乡的,他唯一知道的国家,是否会拒绝他上大学的梦想。
But he wasn't feeling sorry for himself.
但他自己并不觉得遗憾。
He wasn't even thinking of himself.
他甚至都没有想到自己。
He has a greater sense of purpose, and he's going to bring people along with him.
他有更宏大的使命感,他想要带着大家一起前进。
It says something about our situation today that I can't even say his name because I don't want to put him at risk.
由于现在所处的情况,我并不能说出他的名字,因为我不想把他置身于危险之中。
But if a high school senior who doesn't know what the future holds for him can do his part to move the world forward,
但是,如果一个不知道自己未来会怎样的高中生都能为推动世界做出自己的贡献,
then we owe it to the world to do our part too.
那么我们也理应对这个世界做出我们的贡献。
So, before you walk out those gates one last time, as we sit here in front of Memorial Church, I am reminded of a prayer, Mi Shebeirach,
所以在你们最后一次走出校门之前,当我们坐在纪念教堂前的时候,我想起了一段祈祷,Mi Shebeirach,
that I say whenever I face a big challenge, that I sing to my daughter thinking about her future when I tuck her at night.
每当我面临巨大的挑战时我都会说的,每当我把女儿放进婴儿床里想象着她的未来都会唱到的:
and it goes:"May the source of strength, who's blessed the ones before us, help us "find the courage to make our lives a blessing."
“愿力量之源,庇佑着我们,帮助我们找到面对生活的勇气,也祝福着我们的生活”
I hope you find the courage to make your life a blessing.
我希望你们也可以找到属于自己的勇气,使你们的生命成为一个祝福。
Congratulations, Class of '17! Good luck out there.
恭喜你们,2017届的同学们!祝你们好运!

用户评论

表情0/300
喵,没有找到相关结果~
暂时没有评论,下载喜马拉雅与主播互动
猜你喜欢
哈佛大学毕业演讲 中文版

美国大学,尤其是名校,有一个传统,就是在每年毕业季到来的时候,邀请优秀的校友,或者是其他社会名流来给本校的精英毕业生们做一场演讲。就如何面对真实社会这个话题,给...

by:TED演讲中文版

终身学习-毕业哈佛六堂课

爱美是女人的天性,教你如何快速逆袭成为众人心中的女神更多美容方面的知识探讨请加微信180135416551

by:张娟娥s

走进哈佛大学

本书共分为10个单元,每个单元包括三、五篇文章。每篇文章分为3个部分,包括焦点对话、难点解析和主题延伸。焦点对话针对口语,让您在了解哈佛的同时又能扩大词汇量...

by:天才之道大讲堂

英国-哈佛大学

票价详情免费开放适宜四季皆宜电话1-617-4951000简介亲爱的朋友,非常荣幸能和您一起走进哈佛。大名鼎鼎的哈佛坐落在波士顿剑桥镇,创办于1...

by:恋景旅行APP

哈佛大学管理课

一部将哈佛哲学课、心理课、管理课、情商课、社交课、口才课、幸福课的课程精髓一网打尽,送上一场精神的饕餮盛宴,让你随时随地都可分享哈佛知名教授和哈佛精英的人生智慧...

by:CMO无忧宫主

终身学习-哈佛毕业后的六堂课

作者将自己认为人生非常重要的六个点:身体健康、情绪把控、思维突破、人际关系、事业工作、财富管理串联起来,组成了一门真正属于自己,可以终身学习的人生课程。

by:佳美传播

终身学习:哈佛毕业后的六堂课

作者曾是白宫学者,在斯坦福大学毕业后还在哈佛商学院学习过。作者在经历一些坎坷和深度学习后把自己认为对人生非常重要的六个点身体健康、情绪把控、思维突破、人际关系、...

by:文武韬略

哈佛大学幸福课

从上学时起前前后后很多次萌发出学习哈佛大学公开课《幸福》的想法,又一次次三分钟热度得没有坚持下去,类似的还有《公正》等其它课程,努力了数次最有印象的内容始终只在...

by:不二阿篱

哈佛大学每天口才课

美国成功学大师卡耐基曾经说过:“一个人的成功,15%是靠他的专业知识技能,85%是靠他的口才交际能力。”现实生活对此也有印证,会说话的人不仅在人际交往中找人喜欢...

by:云听听书

我在哈佛上大学(完)

每一位进入哈佛大学的学生背后,都有一段鲜为人知的酸甜苦辣。这些人最初也只是普通的孩子,但是他们一步步地将不可能变为可能。本书讲述了他们的经历和体验,不仅带来感动...

by:开心爱读书