扎克伯格哈佛大学毕业演讲01|中英对照

2023-08-16 12:08:3510:03 6860
声音简介

President Faust, Board of Overseers, faculty, friends, alumni, proud parents,
浮士德校长、校监委员会成员们、老师、朋友、校友、自豪的家长们、
members of the ad board, and graduates of the greatest university in the world,
管理委员会的委员们,以及全世界最伟大学校的毕业生们:
I'm honored to be with you today because, let's face it, you accomplished something I never could.
今天和你们一起在这里我感到非常荣幸,因为,说实在的,你们完成了一个我没能完成的成就。
If I get through this speech today, it'll be the first time I actually finish something here at Harvard.
今天如果我顺利演讲完,那么也许这是我第一次在哈佛大学真正地去完成了某件事。
Class of 2017, congratulations!
2017的毕业班同学,祝贺你们!
Now, I'm an unlikely speaker today, not just because I dropped out, but because we're technically in the same generation.
今天,我本来是不可能站在这里发表演讲的,不仅仅因为我是一名辍学生,还因为其实我们差不多,我们是同一代人。
We walked this yard less than a decade apart, we studied the same ideas and slept through the same Ec10 lectures.
当我作为学生走在这个校园里时,也就是不过十年前的事,可以说我们学习过相同的知识,同样在EC10的课堂上打着瞌睡。
We may have taken different roads to get here, especially if you came all the way from the Quad,
尽管我们通过不同的方式来到这里,尤其那些来自Quad园区的同学(The Quad以前是拉德克利夫学院的女生宿舍。)。
but today I want to share what I've learned about our generation and the world we're all building together.
但今天我想和你们分享的是,我对我们这代人的一些想法,和我们正在同心协力去建设的这个世界。
But first, this last couple of days have brought back a lot of good memories.
首先,过去几天勾起了我很多美好的回忆。
How many of you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you got that email telling you that you got into Harvard?
你们当中多少人还确切地记得,当初收到哈佛录取通书的时候在做什么?
I was playing video game Civilization and I ran downstairs, got my dad, and for some reason, his reaction was to video me opening the email.
当时我正在玩《文明》游戏,然后我跑下楼,找到我的父亲。他的反应是开始拍摄我打开邮件的过程。
That could have been a really really sad video.
现在看这个视频可能极其伤心吧?
But I swear getting into Harvard is still the thing my parents are most proud of me for.
但我发誓,至今为止,被哈佛录取仍然是最令我父母为我感到骄傲的事情。
My mom is nodding.
我老妈在点头同意。
How many of you remember your first lecture here at Harvard?
你们当中有多少人还记得在哈佛上的第一节课?
Mine was Computer Science 121 with the incredible Harry Lewis. Harry.
我上的是“计算机科学121”,哈利·路易斯老师超级棒。哈利老师。
I was running late for classs,
因为当时我快迟到了,
so I threw on a t-shirt and I didn't realize until afterwards I put it on inside out and backwards with my tag sticking out the front.
随手抓了件T恤就套在身上了,结果直到下午才发现我把它前后里外都穿反了,商标还露在前胸。
I couldn't figure out why no one in class would talk to me -- except for this one guy, KX Jin, he just went with it.
当时我还纳闷怎么没人理我,除了KX Jin,他丝毫没有在意这些,
We start doing our problem sets together, and now he runs a big part of Facebook.
之后,我们一起组队解决难题,现在他负责脸书很大的一块业务。
And that, Class of 2017, is why you should be nice to people.
这说明什么?2017的毕业生们,这说明我们大家真的应该对别人宽容一些。
But my best memory from Harvard is meeting Priscilla.
但是我在哈佛最美好的回忆,就是我遇见了普莉希拉(扎克伯格妻子)。
I had just launched this prank website Facemash, and the ad board wanted to "see me".
当时我刚上线了一个恶作剧网站Facemash,然后管理委员会表示“要请我去办公室”,
Everyone thought I was going to get kicked out.
所有人都认为我要被赶出学校了。
My parents drove about here to help me pack my stuff.
我爸妈来帮我打包行李;
My friends threw me a going away party.
我朋友帮我搞了个告别派对。
Who does that? As luck would have it, Priscilla was at that party with her friend.
是谁搞的呢?最幸运的事情就在这儿,普莉希拉和她朋友一起来到了这个派对。
And we met in line for the bathroom in the Pfoho Belltower, and in what must be one of the all time most romantic lines,
我们在Pfoho Belltower的卫生间外排队时遇见了,接下来发生了绝对是对我来说永生难忘的浪漫对话,
I turn to her and said: "I'm going to get kicked out in three days, so we need to go on a date quickly."
我对她说:“我三天后就要被赶出学校了,所以我们需要尽快开始约会。”
Actually, any of you graduating today can use that line. I'm getting kicked out today, we need to go on a date fast.
事实上,你们所有人都可以用这个套路。我今天要被赶出学校了,所以我们需要尽快开始约会。
I didn't end up getting kicked out -- I did that to myself.
我没有被开除,我想办法留下来了。
Priscilla and I started dating. And,
普莉希拉开始和我约会。
you know, that movie made it seem like Facemash was so important to starting Facebook. It wasn't.
你们知道,那部电影(《社交网络》)说的Facemash对创造脸书好像很重要似的,其实并没有。
But without Facemash I never would've met Priscilla,
但是没有Facemash的话,我就遇不到普莉希拉了。
and Priscilla is the most important person in my life, so you could still say it was the most important thing I built in my time here.
她是我生命中最重要的人,所以从这个角度来说,Facemash的确算是我人生中做出的最重要的一样东西。
We have all started lifelong friendships here, and some of us even families.
在这里,我们会结交到一生的挚友,甚至有的以后会成为家人。
That's why I'm so grateful to this place. Thanks, Harvard.
这就是为什么我对这里如此感激。真的谢谢你,哈佛!
Today I want to talk about purpose.
今天我想谈谈目标,
But I'm not here to give you the standard commencement about finding your purpose.
但是我不是来给你们做一些形式化的宣言,告诉你们如何发现目标。
We're millennials. We'll try to do that instinctively.
我们是千禧一代,我们会出于直觉和本能发现目标。
Instead, I'm here to tell you that finding your purpose isn't enough.
今天我站在这里要说的是,仅仅发现目标还不够,
The challenge for our generation is to create a world where everyone has a sense of purpose.
我们这代人面临的挑战,是创造一个人人都能有使命感的世界。
One of my favorite stories is when JFK went to go visit the NASA space center,
我最喜欢的一个故事:约翰·F·肯尼迪访问美国宇航局太空中心时,
and he saw a janitor holding a broom and he asked what he was doing. The janitor replied:
看到了一个拿着扫帚的看门人,他走过去问这人在干什么。看门人回答说:
"Mr. President, I'm helping put a man on the moon".
“总统先生,我正在为把一个人送往月球而贡献自己的一份力量。”
Purpose is that feeling that you are part of something bigger than yourself, that you are needed, and that you have something better ahead to work for.
目标使你们意识到你们比自己更强大更被需要着,目标是你们需要更为之努力的东西,
Purpose is what creates true happiness.
它能创造真正的快乐。
and you're graduating at a time when this is especially important.
今天,你在这个特别重要的时代毕业了。
When our parents graduated, that sense of purpose reliably came from your job, your church, your community.
在你父母毕业的时候,目标很大程度上来自工作、教会、社区。
But today, technology and automation are eliminating many jobs.
但是今天,技术和自动化正在代替很多工作,
Membership in communities has been declining.
社区成员的人数也一直在下降。
And a lot of people are feeling disconnected and depressed, and are trying to fill a void in their lives.
许多人感到沮丧,感到自己不被需要,努力着在填补他们生命中的空白。
As I've traveled around, I've sat with children in juvenile detention and opioid addicts,
我旅行的时候,曾和许多被拘留或嗑药成瘾的孩子们坐在一起,
who told me that maybe their lives would have turned out differently if they just had something to do, and after school program or somewhere to go.
他们告诉我如果他们有事可做,可以参加课后活动或者有地方可去,他们的人生也许会变得很不一样。
I've met factory workers who know their old jobs aren't coming back and are trying to find their path ahead.
我也遇到过很多工厂的工人,他们没法再从事之前的工作了,他们在试图找到自己前进的道路。
For our society to keep moving forward, we have a generational challenge,
为了社会的进步,我们这代人身负挑战,
to not only create new jobs, but create a renewed sense of purpose.
不仅仅是创造新的工作,还要饱有使命感。
I remember that night I launched Facebook from that little dorm in Kirkland House.
我还记得在Kirkland House的小宿舍中做出脸书的那晚,
I went to Noch's with my friend KX.
我和我的朋友KX去了Noch。
And I remember telling him clearly that I was excited to connect the Harvard community, but one day someone would connect the whole world.
我清楚地记得我告诉他,我很开心能把哈佛的社群连接起来,但是未来有一天,会有人把整个世界都连接起来。
The thing is, it never even occurred to me that someone might be us.
我完全没有想到这个人会是我们。
We were just college kids. We didn't know anything about that.
当时我们还只是大学生,还并不了解什么。
There were all these big technology companies with all these resources. and I just assumed one of them would do it.
那些大型技术公司有很多资源,我认为其中某一个大公司一定会做到这一点的。
But this idea was so clear to us -- that all people want to connect.
但是我们对于建立互联的这个想法是非常清晰的,
So we just kept working on it, day after day after day.
所以我们一直在朝这个方向努力前进。
And I know that a lot of you are gonna have your own stories just like this.
我知道你们中的很多人也会有类似的故事。
A change in the world that seems so clear that you're sure someone else is going to do it.
你似乎很肯定有人要改变世界,
But they are not. You will.
然而他们并没有,而你会。
But it's not enough to have that purpose yourself.
但是,光有目标是不够的。
You also have to create a sense of purpose for others.
你还必须拥有心系他人的目标。
I found that out the hard way.
意识到这点非常难。
You see, my hope was never to build a company, I wanna to have an impact.
我从来没想过创造一个公司,我想要的是创造影响力。
And as all these people started joining us, I just assumed that's what they wanted to do too,
越来越多的人加入我们,我以为他们跟我关心的是同样的东西,
so I never took the time to explain what it was that I hoped we'd build.
所以我从来没花时间解释过我到底希望建立什么。
A couple years in, some big companies wanted to buy us.
几年来,一些大公司想要收购我们。
I didn't want to sell.
我拒绝了。
I wanted to see if we could connect more people.
我只是想知道我是否能使更多的人连接在一起。
and we were building the first version of News Feed at the time, and I thought if we could just launch this,
那是我们正在建立第一个版本的新闻流,我想,如果我们能做到这一点,
we could change how we all learn about the world.
我们能改变我们认识世界的方式。
Nearly everyone else wanted to sell.
几乎所有人都想让我把公司卖了。
Without a sense of higher purpose, this was their startup dream come true. and it tore our company apart.
因为没有更高远的使命感,所以把我们新开的公司使他们的梦想得到实现。由于意见不合,使得我们公司内部四分五裂。
After one particularly tense argument,
经过一次尤为激烈的争论后,
one of my close advisor told me if I didn't agree to sell the company right now, I would regret that decision for the rest of my life.
有一位顾问跟我说,如果我现在不立刻把公司卖掉的话,我会终身后悔的。
Relationships were so frayed that within a year or so every single person on the management team was gone.
在一年左右的时间里,当时的管理层几乎都走了。
That was my hardest time leading Facebook.
这是我在脸书里最艰难的时期,
I believed in what we were doing, but I felt alone.
我相信我们在做的东西,但是我也感到很孤独。
And worse, it was my fault.
更糟糕的是,当时我觉得这是我的错,
I wondered if I was just wrong, an imposter, a 22 year-old kid who had no idea how things actually worked.
我在想是不是我错了,一个骗子,一个22岁的、少不更事的小孩。
Now, years later, I understand that is how things work when there is no sense of higher purpose.
多年以后的今天,我明白了,那是因为还没有更高的目标。
It's up to us to create it so we can all keep moving forward together.
是否创造它取决于我们,所以我们能一起前进。
And today, I want to talk about three ways that we can create a world where everyone has a sense of purpose:
今天我想谈谈创造一个每个人都有使命感的世界的三种方法:
by taking on big meaningful projects together,
一起做有意义的项目;
by redefining equality so everyone has the freedom to pursue their purpose, and by building community all across the world.
通过重新定义平等,使每个人都有追求他们目标的自由;在全世界建立社群。

用户评论

表情0/300
喵,没有找到相关结果~
暂时没有评论,下载喜马拉雅与主播互动
猜你喜欢
哈佛大学毕业演讲 中文版

美国大学,尤其是名校,有一个传统,就是在每年毕业季到来的时候,邀请优秀的校友,或者是其他社会名流来给本校的精英毕业生们做一场演讲。就如何面对真实社会这个话题,给...

by:TED演讲中文版

[哈佛大学]毕业典礼演讲精选

精选了34篇1947年到2012年期间哈佛毕业典礼上的优秀演讲作品。

by:正经的文艺女司机bobo

终身学习-毕业哈佛六堂课

爱美是女人的天性,教你如何快速逆袭成为众人心中的女神更多美容方面的知识探讨请加微信180135416551

by:张娟娥s

走进哈佛大学

本书共分为10个单元,每个单元包括三、五篇文章。每篇文章分为3个部分,包括焦点对话、难点解析和主题延伸。焦点对话针对口语,让您在了解哈佛的同时又能扩大词汇量...

by:天才之道大讲堂

英国-哈佛大学

票价详情免费开放适宜四季皆宜电话1-617-4951000简介亲爱的朋友,非常荣幸能和您一起走进哈佛。大名鼎鼎的哈佛坐落在波士顿剑桥镇,创办于1...

by:恋景旅行APP

哈佛大学管理课

一部将哈佛哲学课、心理课、管理课、情商课、社交课、口才课、幸福课的课程精髓一网打尽,送上一场精神的饕餮盛宴,让你随时随地都可分享哈佛知名教授和哈佛精英的人生智慧...

by:CMO无忧宫主

终身学习-哈佛毕业后的六堂课

作者将自己认为人生非常重要的六个点:身体健康、情绪把控、思维突破、人际关系、事业工作、财富管理串联起来,组成了一门真正属于自己,可以终身学习的人生课程。

by:佳美传播

终身学习:哈佛毕业后的六堂课

作者曾是白宫学者,在斯坦福大学毕业后还在哈佛商学院学习过。作者在经历一些坎坷和深度学习后把自己认为对人生非常重要的六个点身体健康、情绪把控、思维突破、人际关系、...

by:文武韬略

哈佛大学幸福课

从上学时起前前后后很多次萌发出学习哈佛大学公开课《幸福》的想法,又一次次三分钟热度得没有坚持下去,类似的还有《公正》等其它课程,努力了数次最有印象的内容始终只在...

by:不二阿篱