John, The Boy Who Has Always Late 迟到大王
(英)约翰 · 柏林罕文/图,党英台译。
Written and illustrated by John Burningham.
John set off along the road to learn.
约翰走路去上学。
On the way a crocodile came out of a drain
他走着走着,突然下水道里钻出一只鳄鱼,
and got hold of his schoolbag.
咬住了他的书包。
John pulled and pulled but the crocodile would not let go.
约翰用力一直拉,一直拉,但是鳄鱼不肯松口。
He threw a glove into the air
于是他把一只手套抛向空中,
and the crocodile snapped at the glove and let go of the schoolbag.
鳄鱼急着去抢手套,立刻放了书包。
John hurried to school but the crocodile had made him late.
约翰急忙赶去学校,可是这只鳄鱼害得他迟到了。
“John, you are late and where is your other glove?” said the teacher.
“约翰,你迟到了。还有,你的另一只手套哪里去了?” 老师问。
“I’m late, Sir. Because on the way a crocodile came out of a drain and got hold of my bag,
And would only let go when I threw my glove, which he ate.”
“老师,我迟到是因为路上有一只鳄鱼从下水道里钻出来,咬着我的书包不放。
“There are no crocodiles living in the drains around here.
“这附近的下水道哪里会有什么鳄鱼!
You are to stay in late and write out 300 times:
下课后,你给我留下来,罚写三百遍
‘I must not tell lies about crocodiles and I must not lose my glove.’”
‘我不可以说有鳄鱼的谎话,也不可以把手套弄丢’。”
So John stayed in late and wrote out 300 times: “I must not tell lies about crocodile and I must not lose my glove.”
于是,约翰留下来写了三百遍“我不可以说有鳄鱼的谎话,也不可以把手套弄丢”。
The next day, on John’s way to school.
第二天,约翰上学的路上,
A lion came out of the bushes and tore his trousers.
突然树丛里钻出一只狮子,一口咬破了他的裤子。
He managed to climb up a tree.
他好不容易爬到了一棵树上,
He stayed up the tree until the lion lost interest in him and went away.
在树上一直等,直到狮子走开了,他才下来。
John hurried to school but he was late because of the lion.
约翰急忙赶去学校,但这只狮子害得他又迟到了。
“You are late again, John, and you have torn your trousers.” Said the teacher.
“约翰,你又迟到了!还有,你的裤子怎么破了?” 老师问。
“I’m late, Sir, because on my way here a lion jumped out of the bushes and tore my trousers,
“老师,我迟到是因为路上有一只狮子从树丛里钻出来,把我的裤子咬破了。
And I had to climb a tree
我不得不爬到树上,
And wait until the lion went away.”
等它走开。”
“There are no such thing as lions in the bushes around here.
“这附近的树丛里哪里会有什么狮子!
You are to stand in the corner and say out loud 400 times,
你给我到墙角罚站,大声说四百遍:
‘I must not tell lies about lions and I must not tear my trousers.’”
‘我不可以说有狮子的谎话,也不可以把裤子弄破’。”
John stood in the corner and said out loud 400 times,
于是,约翰站在墙角,大声说了四百遍
“I must not tell lies about lions and I must not tear my trousers.”
“我不可以说有狮子的谎话,也不可以把裤子弄破”。
The third day, on John’s way to school,
第三天,约翰去上学。
as he was crossing the bridge over the river, a huge tidal wave swept him off his feet.
过桥时,突然一个巨浪打来,淹没了他的双脚,
He managed to cling on to the rail until the wave had passed and the water had gone down.
他好不容易抓住桥上的栏杆,一直等到巨浪平息,水也退了。
John hurried to school but he was late because of the tidal wave.
约翰席急忙赶去学校,但这场水灾害得他又迟到了。
“You are late again, John, and your clothes are wet.” Said the teacher.
“约翰,你又迟到了!还有,你的衣服怎么湿了?” 老师问。
“I’m late, Sir, because on my way here, as I was crossing the bridge, a tidal wave swept me of my feet
“老师,我迟到是因为我过桥时,一个巨浪冲倒了我,
And made me wet
也打湿了我的衣服。
And I had to cling on to the rail until the water went down.”
我不得不抓紧桥上的栏杆,一直等到水退。”
“There was no such things as tidal wave in the rivers around here that swept people off the bridge.
“这附近的小河哪里有什么巨浪,还会把人冲到桥下去!
You will be locked in until you have written down 500 times, ‘I must not tell lies about tidal waves in the river and I must not get my clothes wet.’
这次,我要把你关在教室里罚写五百遍‘我不可以说小河里有巨浪的谎话,也不可以弄湿衣服。’
And if you keep telling these lies and being late I may have to hit you with my stick.”
而且,如果你再这样一直迟到和说谎,我可要用棍子打你了。”
So john was locked in until he had written down 500 times, 于是,约翰席被关在教室里,写了五百遍
“I must not tell lies about tidal waves in the river and I must not get my clothes wet.”
“我不可以说小河里有巨浪的谎话,也不可以弄湿衣服”。
The fourth day, on John’s way to school,
第四天,约翰去上学。
On the way nothing happened and he was able to be on time.
一路上,什么事也没发生。这下子,他可以准时到校了。
“John, I am being held up in the roof by a great big hairy gorilla. You are to get me down at once.“ said the teacher.
“约翰!我被一只毛茸茸的大猩猩抓到屋顶上来了,你快想办法救我下去!”
“There are no such things as great big hairy gorillas in the roofs around here, Sir.”
“老师,这附近哪里会有什么毛茸茸的大猩猩!”
Then he left,
然后,约翰离开了。
【注:音频故事较原文有所改编】
用户评论