蚯蚓的日记 Diary of a worm
(美)罗伯特·麦克洛斯基,柯倩华译。By Doreen Cronin
March 20th
3月20日
Mama says there are three things I shouldalways remember.
妈妈说我应该永远记住三件事:
One, the earth gives us everything we need.
1. 地球给了我们需要的一切。
Two, when we dig tunnels, we help take careof the earth.
2. 我们钻地道的时候,也同时帮忙照顾了地球。
“help Earth breath!”
“帮助地球呼吸!”
Three, never bother Daddy when he’s eatingthe newspaper.
3. 绝对不要在爸爸吃报纸的时候烦他。
March 29th
3月29日
Today, I tried to teach spider how to dig.
今天我努力教蜘蛛怎样钻地。
First, all of his legs got stuck. “I thinkI’ve twisted one of my ankles.”
“我想我有一个脚踝扭伤了!”蜘蛛说。
Then he swallowed a bunch of dirt.
后来,他又吞了一堆土。
“I gave up.”
“我放弃了!”蚯蚓说。
Tomorrow, he’s going to teach me how towalk upside down.
明天他要教我怎样倒立走路。
March 30th
3月30日
Worms cannot walk upside down.
蚯蚓没办法倒立走路。
April 10th
4月10日
It rained all night and the ground wassoaked.
下了整晚的雨,地下湿透了。
We spent the entire day on the sidewalk.
我们一整天都待在人行道上。
Hopscotch is a very dangerous game.
跳房子是一种非常危险的游戏。
May 1st
5月1日
Grandpa told us that good manners are veryimportant.
爷爷教过我们,礼貌非常重要。
So today I said “good morning” to the firstant I saw. “Good morning!”
所以今天我对遇到的第一只蚂蚁说:“早安”。
There were six hundred more of them in line.
队伍里还有六百只蚂蚁。
“Good morning. Good morning. Good morning.How you doing? Good morning. Nice to see you. Howdy. Good morning…”
“早安,早安,早安,你好吗?早安。见到你真高兴!你好!早安、早安、你好!早安、早安、早安……”
I stood there all day.
我这那里站了一整天。
May 15th
5月15日
I got into a fight with spider today.
今天我和蜘蛛吵架。
He told me you need legs to be cool, thenhe ran. I couldn’t keep up.
他跟我说有脚才算酷,然后他就跑了,我追不上他。
Maybe he is right.
也许他说得没错。
May 16th
5月16日
I made spider laugh so hard, he fell out ofhis tree.
我逗蜘蛛笑,他笑得太厉害了,结果从树上掉下来。
Who needs legs?
谁说一定要有脚呢?
July 28th
7月28日
Three things I don’t like about being aworm:
作为一条蚯蚓,有三件事情我不喜欢:
one, I can’t chew gum.
1.不能吃口香糖。
Two, I can’t have a dog.
2.不能养狗。
Three, all that homework.
3.功课那么多。
July 29th
7月29日
Three good things about being a worm:
作为一条蚯蚓,有三个好处
one, I never have to go to the dentist.
1. 永远不必看牙医。
Two, I never get in trouble for trackingmud through the house.
2. 永远不会因为拖着泥巴进屋里而被骂。
Three, I never have to take a bath.
3. 永远不必洗澡。
August 1st
8月1日
It’s not always easy being a worm.
作为一条蚯蚓,也有不好过的时候。
We’re very small and sometimes peopleforget that we’re even here.
我们身体很小,有时大家甚至忘了我们在这里。
But, like Mom always says, “the earth neverforgets we’re here.”
然而,就像妈妈常说的那样,地球永远不会忘记我们的存在。
【注:音频故事较原文有所改编】
用户评论