So, one of my sons asked me the other night if boys can be elected mayor in Boston.
有天晚上,我的一个儿子问我男孩能不能当选波士顿市长。
They have been, and they will again someday, but not tonight.
男生也当过,以后也会再当选,但不是今晚。
We're ready for every child to go to a school connected to the full resources of our communities and their full potential.
我们已经做好准备把每一个孩子都送进能够调动我们社区全部资源和能够发挥这些孩子全部潜力的学校。
For every resident from the Forbes Building to Georgetown Homes to be protected from soaring rents and displacement.
从福布斯大厦到乔治城之家的每一位居民都会受到保护,免入房租飞涨和流离失所的窘境。
For a thriving Boston business community grounded in a thriving Black business community.
繁荣的波士顿商业区也将在繁荣的黑人商业区基础之上建立。
For every Bostonian, every Bostonian experiencing homelessness, mental health, substance use, at Mass Ave and Melnea Cass Boulevard and across our city and beyond, to have dignity, treatment, and housing.
每一个波士顿人,每一个无家可归、饱受精神问题困扰、沉沦于药物滥用的波士顿人,不论是身处麻省大街或是梅尔尼亚卡斯大道,不论是在这座城市还是在其他地方,都将拥有尊严、享受医疗、获得住房。
All of this is possible.
这一切都可以成为现实。
(repeat in multiple languages)
(用多种语言重复。)
We said these things are possible.
刚刚说的是这一切都有可能成真。
And today, the voters of Boston said all these things are possible, too.
而今天,波士顿的选民们也说,这一切都有可能成真。
This will be a huge team effort.
这会需要很多的团队合作。
And we're not gonna get this done by sitting in a corner office at City Hall but by bringing City Hall to every block, every street, every neighborhood.
我们不会光坐在市政厅角落的办公室里,而是要让市政厅走进每一个街区、每一条街道、每一个社区。
Because if we truly want to deliver change, we need every one of us shaping our future.
因为,如果我们真的想做出改变,就需要我们每一个人都来塑造我们的未来。
Thank you for placing your trust in me to serve as the next mayor of Boston.
感谢你们把自己的信任交付于我,非常荣幸能担任下一任波士顿市长。
用户评论