Phenomenal Woman
《非凡的女人》
—— by Maya Angelou
Many people wonder where my secret lies.
大家都想知道我的秘诀。
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size.
我并不娇小可爱,也没有模特儿的身材。
When I start to tell them,
当我开始款款道来,
They think I’m telling lies.
他们却以为我在说谎。
I say,
我说,
It’s in the reach of my arms,
秘诀在于我伸展的双臂,
The span of my hips,
丰满的臀部,
The stride of my step,
行走的步态,
The curl of my lips.
撅起的嘴唇。
I’m a woman
我是女人,
Phenomenally.
脱颖非凡。
I walk into a room
我步入房间,
Just as cool as you please,
泰然若素,
And to a man,
走向一男士,
The fellows stand or
其同伴或欣然旁立
Fall down on their knees.
或拜倒在我的裙下。
Then they swarm around me,
如狂蜂浪蝶
A hive of honey bees.
簇拥我身边。
I say,
我说,
It’s the fire in my eyes,
秘诀在于我双眸燎燃,
The flash of my teeth,
皓齿闪亮,
The swing in my waist,
腰肢扭动,
The joy in my feet.
步履轻盈。
I’m a woman
我是女人,
Phenomenally.
脱颖非凡。
Men themselves have wondered
男士们也心生困惑,
What they see in me.
无法解释眼中的我。
They try so much
他们努力寻觅,
But they can’t touch
但却无法触及
My inner mystery.
我内心的秘密。
When I try to show them
我尝试向他们展现,
They say they still can’t see.
他们仍然无法窥见。
I say,
我说,
It’s in the arch of my back,
秘诀在于我背影婀娜,
The sun of my smile,
笑容灿烂,
The ride of my breasts,
双峰挺立,
The grace of my style.
举止优雅。
I’m a woman
我是女人,
Phenomenally.
脱颖非凡。
Now you understand
现在你们该明白
Just why my head’s not bowed.
为何我不头颅低垂,
I don’t shout or jump about
狂吼乱跳,
Or have to talk real loud.
或高谈叫嚣。
When you see me passing
你若目睹我走过,
It ought to make you proud.
定会尤感骄傲。
I say,
我说,
It’s in the click of my heels,
秘诀在于我鞋跟轻踏,
The bend of my hair,
秀发微卷,
The palms of my hands,
指掌轻抚,
The need for my care,
心细如尘。
Because I’m a woman
因为我是女人,
Phenomenally.
脱颖非凡。
用户评论