One day I wrote her name upon the strand
一日我将伊名书于沙滩
--By Edmund Spenser
埃德蒙 斯宾塞
One day I wrote her name upon the strand
一日我将伊名书于沙滩
But came the waves and washed it away
可海浪打来将伊名冲掉
Again I wrote it with a second hand
我又第二遍把名字写好
But came the tide,and made my pains his prey
但潮水冲来吞噬我辛劳
''Vain man'',said she,''that dost in vain assay,
“自负的人,”伊说:“你是徒劳
a mortal thing so to immortalize,
妄使世俗之物不朽永茂
for I myself shall like to this decay,
因我本人也会玉殒香销
and eek my name be wiped out likewise.''
我的名字同样云散烟消”
''Not so'',(quoth I),''let baser things devise,
“不, 让低贱之物策划死亡
to die in dust,but you shall live by fame.
而你将以美名永存世上
My verse your vertues rare shall eternize,
我的诗将使你美德不朽
and in the heavens write your glorious name:
并将你的英名书于宇宙
Where whenas death shall all the world subdue,
死亡纵将征服整个世界
our love shall live,and later life renew.''
我们可获新生爱情不灭。
BGM:Julian Lloyd Webber,John Lenehan - Arioso (Adagio in G) from Cantata BWV 156 (Arr. Lloyd Webber)
用户评论