Be the Best of Whatever You Are
做最好的自己
If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill,
如果你当不了山巅的一棵劲松,
Be a scrub in the valley-but be
就做山谷里的矮树丛——但一定
The best little scrub by the side of the rill;
要做溪边最棒的一棵;
Be a bush if you can't be a tree.
当一棵灌木,如果你成不了树。
If you can't be a bush be a bit of grass,
如果你当不了灌木,就做一株小草,
And some highway happier make;
给路边带去更多欢笑;
If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass-
如果你当不了大梭鱼,就做一尾小鲈鱼
But the liveliest bass in the lake!
——但要做湖里最活泼的那条!
We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew,
我们不能全当船长,总得有人做船员,
There's something for all of us here.
但我们每个人都有事可做,
There's big work to do, and there's lesser to do,
有大事去做,有小事去做,
And the task you must do is the near.
我们必须着眼于眼前。
If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,
如果你当不了大道,就做一条小径,
If you can't be the sun be a star;
如果你当不了太阳,就做一颗星星;
It isn't by size that you win or you fail-
胜负不在于大小——
Be the best of whatever you are!
不论做什么,一定要做到最好!
(音乐:匈牙利圆舞曲,勃拉姆斯)
文某人_mk
背景音乐太吵太不和谐了 听得闹心
化雨_ry
做最好的自己 如果你当不成山巅的一棵劲松, 就做山谷里的小树吧---但务必做溪流边最棒的一棵小树;当不了树就做一丛灌木,当不成灌木还可以做小草--但务必做路边最快乐的一株小草。如果你不是大梭鱼就做一尾鲈鱼吧,但要做湖里最活泼的小鲈鱼!我们不能都做船长,必须有人当船员,可每个人都有自己的事儿,有的事情大,有的事情小, 而你要完成的任务就近在咫尺。如果你不能做大道就做一条小径,若是不能做太阳就做星星; 决定成败的不是你的大小--只要你做最好的自己!
化雨_ry
If you can't be the sun be a star; It isn't by size that you win or you fail-- Be the best of whatever you are!
化雨_ry
We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew, There's something for all of us here, There's big work to do, and there's lesser to do, And the task you must do is the near. If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,
化雨_ry
The best little scrub by the side of the rill; Be a bush if you can't be a tree. If you can't be a bush be a bit of grass-- And some highway happier make. If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass-- But the liveliest bass in the lake!