我的壁橱里有个大噩梦 There’s a nightmare in my closet
(美)梅瑟·迈尔,范晓星译。By Mercer Mayer
There used to be a nightmare in my closet.
小时候,我的壁橱里有个大噩梦。
Before going to sleep, I always closed thecloset door.
睡觉前,我总是把壁橱门关紧。
I was even afraid to turn around and look.
我甚至不敢回头看一眼。
When I was safe in bed, I’d peek…sometimes.
直到安全地回到床上,我才偶尔会偷偷瞄一瞄……
One night, I decided to get rid of mynightmare once and for all.
一天晚上,我决心彻底干掉壁橱里的大噩梦!
As soon as the room was dark, I heard himcreeping toward me.
刚关上灯,我就感觉到他蹑手蹑脚地朝我走来。
Quickly, I turned on the light and caughthim sitting at the foot of my bed.
我猛地拉开灯,正好看见他坐在我的床上。
“Go away, Nightmare, or I’ll shoot you,” Isaid.
我说:“走开,大噩梦!不然我就开枪啦!”
I shot him anyway.
不管三七二十一,我冲他开了一枪。
My nightmare began to cry.
大噩梦哇哇地哭起来。
I was mad… but not too mad.
我很生气……可我想想又不气了。
“Nightmare, be quiet, or you’ll wake Mommyand Daddy,” I said.
我说:“大噩梦,你能不能小声点儿啊?这样会把我爸爸妈妈吵醒的。”
He wouldn’t stop crying so I took him bythe hand
可他还是没完没了地哭……我只好拉起他的手,
and tucked him in bed
哄他上床躺好……
and closed the closet door.
再回去把壁橱的门关紧。
I suppose there’s another nightmare in mycloset, but my bed’s not big enough for three.
我猜我的壁橱里还有另外一只噩梦,可是我的床不够大,睡不下三个。
【注:音频故事较原文有所改编】
用户评论