我绝对绝对不吃番茄 I Will Never Not Ever Eat A Tomato
(英)罗伦·乔尔德,冯臻译。By Lauren Child
I have this very little sister, Lola.
我有个妹妹叫萝拉。
She is small and very funny.
她是个有趣的小人儿。
Sometimes I have to keep an eye on her.
有时候,我不得不看着她。
Sometimes Mom and Dad ask me to give Lolaher dinner.
有时候,爸爸妈妈让我安排她吃饭。
This is difficult because she is a veryfussy eater.
这任务可真够困难的,因为——萝拉是个非常挑食的家伙。
Lala won’t eat carrots, of course.
萝拉当然不愿意吃胡萝卜。
She says carrots are for rabbits.
她说:"胡萝卜是给小兔子吃的。"
I say, “What about peas?”
我问她:“来点儿豌豆怎么样?”
Lola says, “Peas are too small and toogreen.”
萝拉说:“豌豆吃起来太小了,而且颜色也太绿了。”
One day I played a good trick on her.
有一天,我对她实行了一个很管用的好方法。
Lola was sitting at the table, waiting forher dinner.
萝拉正坐在桌子旁等着吃饭。
And she said, “I do not eat peas or carrotsor potatoes or mushrooms or spaghetti or eggs or sausages.
她说:"我不吃豌豆、胡萝卜、土豆、蘑菇、面条, 也不吃鸡蛋、不吃香肠!
I do not eat cauliflower or cabbage orbaked beans or bananas or oranges.
我不吃花椰菜、卷心菜、烤豆,也不吃香蕉、不吃橘子。
And I absolutely will never not ever eat atomato.” (My sister hates tomatoes.)
并且,我绝对绝对不吃番茄!"(我妹妹讨厌番茄。)
And I said, “That is lucky because we arenot having any of those things.”
我说:"你运气挺好的,因为你说的这些东西,我们都没有。"
Lola looked at the table. “Then why arethose carrots there, Charlie? I don’t ever eat carrots.” 萝拉看着桌子,说:"可是——为什么这里还有胡萝卜呢,查理哥哥?我永远不!吃!胡萝卜!"
And I said, “Oh, you think these arecarrots. These are not carrots. These are orange twiglets from Jupiter.”
我说:"哦~你认为它是胡萝卜?其实那不是胡萝卜。它们啊是从木星上来的橘树枝。"
“They look just like carrots to me,” saidLola.
萝拉说:"可我看,它们就像胡萝卜。
“But how can they be carrots?” I said.“Carrots don’t grow on Jupiter.”
“它们怎么可能是胡萝卜呢?"我说:"胡萝卜是不会长在木星上的对不对?"
“That’s true,” said Lola. “Well, I mightjust try one if they’re all the way from Jupiter.”
“说的对呀,”萝拉说:"如果它们真的都是从木星上来的话,我倒是想尝一尝!
“Mmm, not bad,” she said, and took anotherbite.
“嗯~还挺好吃的。"萝拉说着,又咬了一口。
Then Lola saw some peas.
接着,萝拉看见了盘子里的豌豆。
“I don’t eat peas,” said Lola.
“我不吃豌豆,”萝拉说。
I said, “These are not peas. Of course theyare not.
我解释说:"这些当然不是豌豆。
These are green drops form Greenland. Theyare made out of green and fall from the sky.”
它们是从绿色王国来的绿色圆球,是用绿色的东西做成,然后从天上掉下来的。“
“But I don’t eat green things,” Lola said.
“可是我不喜欢吃绿色的东西。”萝拉说。
“Oh goody,” I said. “I’ll have your share.Green drops are so incredibly rare.”
“哦,太棒了!”我说,“我愿意把你那一份也吃了, 这种绿色小圆球是非常少见的!"
“Well, maybe I’ll nibble just one or two.Oh,” said Lola, “quite tasty.”
"那好吧,也许我可以只吃上一颗或者两颗。"萝拉说, "哦,还挺好吃的。"
Next, Lola saw the potato, “I will not eatpotato, so don’t even try, not even mashed.”
接着,萝拉发现了土豆:“我不想吃土豆,也不想吃土豆泥,连尝都不想尝。”
“Oh, this isn’t mashed potato.
"哦,这也不是土豆泥。
People often think that but no,
人们都以为它们是土豆泥,其实不是。
this is cloud fluff from the pointiest peakof Mount Fuji.”
它是从富士山的山顶上飘下来的云朵。”
“Oh,” said Lola, “in that case a largehelping for me. I love to eat cloud.”
"哦,如果是那样的话,给我来一份大的,我喜欢吃云朵。"
“Charlie,” she said, “those looks like fishsticks to me, and I would never eat a fish stick.”
"查理哥哥!”萝拉说,"这些看上去像是炸鱼块,我绝对不吃炸鱼块!"
“I know that. These are not fish sticks. Theseare ocean nibbles from the supermarket under the sea—mermaids eat them all thetime.”
"我知道它们是什么,它们肯定不是炸鱼块。"我说:“它们是海底超市里的美人鱼们时常吃的小食品。"
“Oh, I went to that supermarket one timewith Mom. Yes, I know the ones. I think I’ve had them before.”
"想起来了",萝拉说,"我和妈妈去过那个超市。没错!我知道这个东西,我想我以前还吃过呢!"
“Are there any more?” Lola said, gobbling.
"还有吗?" 萝拉一边狼吞虎咽地吃,一边说道。
And then she said, “Charlie, will you passme one of those?”
过了一会儿,萝拉说:"查理哥哥,再给我一个吃的东西,好吗?"
And I said, “What? One of those?”
我问她:"什么东西呢?"
And Lola said, “Yes, Charlie, one ofthose.”
萝拉说:"查理哥哥,就是那个东西!"
And I couldn’t believe my eyes becauseguess what she was pointing at—the tomatoes!
我几乎不能相信自己的眼睛,猜猜萝拉正指着什么?她正指着番茄!
And I said, “Are you sure? Really? One of these?”
我问:"真的吗?你真的要吃这个番茄?"
And she said, “Yes, of course, moonsquirtersare my favorite.”
萝拉说:"当然要吃了,我最喜欢吃喷水月光。"
“You didn’t think they were potatoes, didyou, Charlie?”
"你不会认为它们是番茄吧,查理哥哥?"萝拉说。
【注:音频故事较原文有所改编】
用户评论