Courageous struggle 勇往直前的奋斗
Liz: Everything’s changed. 所有的事情都改变了。
Liz: My life will never be the same. 我的生命不会再如以前了。
Liz: And you don’t know what else to say except for thank you. 我不知道还应该说些什么除 了谢谢。
Liz: Thank you very much. 非常感谢
Reporter: Liz, Liz, how did you do this? 丽丝, 丽丝, 你是怎么做到的?
Liz: How could I not did it? 我怎么能做不到呢?
Liz: My parents showed me with the alternative was. 我的父母教会了我可能。
Reporter: Did you ever feel sorry for yourself? 你为你自己的过去感到难过吗?
Liz: Sorry? 对不起
Reporter: Sleeping in the subway, eating out of dumpsters. 在地铁里睡觉, 吃废弃的食物。
Liz: That had always been my life and I really … 那总是我生活的一部分
Liz: I feel that I got lucky because any sense of security was pulled out from under me. 我非 常幸运, 是因为我心里所有的安全感从身体里被抛弃。
Liz: So I was forced to look forward. 所以我被迫向前看。
Liz: I had to … there was no going back. 没有能后退的路
Liz: And I reached a point where I just thought. 我到了一种状态
Liz:‘All right, I’m gonna work as hard as I possibly can and see what happens.’“好吧, 我要 尽我所能地工作, 看会发生什么”
Liz: And now I’m going to college. 现在我上大学了
Liz: And New York Time is going to pay. 而且纽约时报给我付学费
Reporter: So you are lucky! 所以你是幸运的
Reporter: But is there anything you change, if you were able? 但是你会改变什么, 如果你可 以的话
Liz: Yeah, I’d give it back. 我会把它还回去的
Liz: All of it. 所有的
Liz: If I could have my family back. 如果我的家庭能复原的话
Liz: I got into Harvard. 我进了哈佛
Liz: I got a job at New York Times. 我在纽约时报有了份工作
Liz: I got an apartment. 我有了自己的公寓
Liz: I don’t have to carry my whole life with me anymore. 我再也不用随身携带所有的东西了
Liz: I don’t have to carry my whole life with me. 我不用再随身携带所有的东西
Liz: But I do. Everything I’ve known, everything I have done. 但是我记得, 所有我认识的人, 所有我做过的事情
Liz: Jesus, chip off. I forget the little thing 老天爷, 我忘记所有微小的事情
Liz: But still hard to carry alone. 但是我仍然很难单独承受。
Liz: So that’s why I told you. 所以我告诉你
Liz: That’s why I told you my story. 所以我告诉你我的故事
Liz: Now I can lay it out and burn it alone 现在我能让它燃烧, 平息, 那我就可以向前走了。
用户评论