当幸福来敲门
The Pursuit of Happiness
当幸福来敲门片段
Chris:Hi.Chris Gardner.
克里斯:你好,我是克里斯·迦纳。
Twistle: Yeah,hi.Listen.What can I do for you?
托斯特尔先生:你好,有什么事吗?
Chris: I submitted an application for the intern program about a month ago....and I would just love to sit with you briefly.
克里斯:我一个月前交了份实习申请表,我想找机会和您坐下来简单谈谈
Twistle:Listen,I'm going to Noe Valley,Chris.Take care of yourself.
托斯特尔先生:听着,我要赶去诺亚谷,克里斯你保重。
Chris: Mr.Twistle.Actually,I'm on my way to Noe Valley also.How about we share a ride?
克里斯:托斯特尔先生,我正好也要去诺亚谷,我搭个车怎么样?
Twistle: All right,get in.
托斯特尔先生:好吧,上车吧。
Chris: All right.So when I was in the Navy,I worked for a doctor...who loved to play golf,hours every day.And I would actually perform medical procedures... when he'd leave me in the office.:So l'm used to being in a position where I have to make a decisions and...
Mr.Twistle,listen.This is a very important....
克里斯:好的,我在海军服役时为一个医生工作,他很喜欢高尔夫,每天都要花很多时间在那上面。我还得替他处理医疗事务,当他不在的时候。我习惯于做出抉择,而且……托斯特尔先生,听我说,这很重要。
Twistle: I'm sorry.I'm sorry.This thing's impossible.
托斯特尔先生:对不起,对不起,这东西不可能拼出来的。 Chris: I can do it.
克里斯:我可以。
Twistle: No,you can't.No one can.That's bullshit.
托斯特尔先生:你不行,没人可以的。不可能的。 Chris:No,I'm pretty sure I can do it.
克里斯:我确定我能行的。
Twistle: No,you can't.
托斯特尔先生:你不行。
Chris: Let me see it.Give it here.Oh,yeah.Oh,wow,you really messed it up.
克里斯:让我看看,给我。哦,你真是拼的一团糟啊。 Twistle: Sorry.
托斯特尔先生:不好意思。
Chris: It looks like it works around a swivel,so the center pieces never move.So if it's yellow in the center,that's the yellow side.If it's red in the center,that's the red side.
克里斯:看起来这些是围绕一个轴心转动,中间的这部分保持不动,所以说如果中间那片是黄色这面就应该是黄色的。如果中间那片是红色,那么这面就应该是红色的。 Twistle: Okay.
托斯特尔先生:好的。
Chris: So...you can slow down.
克里斯:开慢点吧。
Twistle: Listen,we can drive around all day.I don't believe you can do this.
托斯特尔先生:我们可以就这么一直开下去,我就不信你能拼出来。
Chris: Yeah,I can.
克里斯:我可以的。
Twistle: No,you can't.
托斯特尔先生:不,你不成。
Chris: Yes,I can.
克里斯:我可以的。
Twistle: No,you can't.I'm telling you,no one can.
托斯特尔先生:不,你不成。不,你不行,没人可以的。 Chris: See?That's all I ever do.
克里斯:看到没?我就只能到这步了。
Twistle: You almost have this side.Holy cow.You almost had that one.
托斯特尔先生:那面快拼出来了。哦,你拼出来了。哦,那面也快拼出来了。
Chris: I'm gonna get it.
克里斯: 我能全部拼出来的。
Twistle: Look at that.You're almost there.
托斯特尔先生:真厉害啊,快好了。
Twistle: This is me.Good job.Goodbye.
托斯特尔先生:我到了,拼得不错,再见。
Chris: Yeah.I'll see you soon.
克里斯:回头见。
用户评论