New Wave
《后浪》
| 演讲者:刘洁 Jessica Liu | 翻译:王鲁迪 | 校对:Claude Lorrain-Bouchard(加拿大)| 背景音乐:The Ludlows | 视频素材来自B站
那些口口声声“一代不如一代”的人
Those who said "Each generation is worse than the last"
应该看看你们
should look at you
就像我一样
just like me
我看着你们满怀羡慕
I stare at you, full of envy
人类积攒了几千年的财富
All the wealth accumulated by mankind for thousands of years
所有的知识、见识、智慧和艺术
All the knowledge, insights, wisdom and arts
像是专门为你们准备的礼物
are like well-prepared gifts just for you
科技繁荣,文化繁茂,城市繁华
Technologies are booming, culture is flourishing, cities are prospering
现代文明的成果被层层打开
The achievements of modern civilization are being unfolded layer after layer
可以尽情享用
so you can enjoy them to the fullest
自由学习一门语言一门手艺
Feel free to learn a new language or a new skill
欣赏一部电影去遥远的地方旅行
Enjoy a movie or travel to a distant destination
从小你们就在自由探索自己的兴趣
You’ve been exploring your interests since you were children
很多人在童年就进入了不惑之年
Many of you clearly knew what you wanted in your childhood
不惑于自己喜欢什么不喜欢什么
You knew exactly what you liked or disliked
人与人之间的壁垒被打破
Barriers between people are broken down
你们只凭相同的爱好
Just by sharing the same interests
就能结交千万个值得干杯的朋友
you can make thousands of friends worthy of a toast.
你们拥有了我们曾经梦寐以求的权利
Now you have the rights we’ve always dreamed of
选择的权利
That is the right to choose
你所热爱的就是你的生活
Your life is all about what you love.
你们有幸遇见这样的时代
You are fortunate to be born in this era
但时代更有幸遇见这样的你们
But this era is more fortunate as it has young people like you
我看着你们满怀敬意
I stare at you, full of respect
向你们的专业态度致敬
I Respect your professional attitude
你们正在把传统的变成现代的
You are turning the traditional into the modern
把经典的变成流行的
the classic into the popular
把学术的变成大众的
the academic into the public
把民族的变成世界的
the national into the international
你们把自己的热爱
You’ve made your passion
变成了一个和成千上万的人分享快乐的事业
into careers that shares happiness with tens of thousands of people
向你们的自信致敬
I respect your confidence
弱小的人才习惯嘲讽和否定
Only the weak tend to ridicule and deny the others.
而内心强大的人从不吝啬赞美和鼓励
Those who have a strong mind generously offer their praise and encouragements.
向你们的大气致敬
I respect your generosity
小人同而不和
Only the small-minded man aims at uniformity but not at harmony.
君子美美与共和而不同
While the gentlemen can appreciate differences and aim at harmony
年轻的身体容得下更多元的文化审美和价值观
Young people can appreciate diversity in culture, aesthetics and values
有一天我终于发现
One day I finally realized
不只是我们在教你们如何生活
As we are trying to teach you how to live your lives.
你们也在启发我们怎样去更好的生活
You are also inspiring us to live better lives.
那些抱怨“一代不如一代的人”
Those who complain that "Each generation is worse than the last"
应该看看你们
should look at you
就像我一样
just like me
我看着你们满怀感激
I stare at you, full of gratitude
因为你们这个世界会更喜欢中国
Because of you, the world will like China even more.
因为一个国家最好看的风景
Because the best scenery in a country
就是这个国家的年轻人
is its young people
因为你们这世上的小说电影音乐中表现的青春
Because of you, the youth reflected in the novels, movies and music
不再是忧伤迷茫
are no longer sad or confused
而是善良勇敢无私无所畏惧
but kind, brave, selfless and fearless
是心里有火眼里有光
Fire is burning in your hearts, and light is shining in your eyes
不用活成我们想象中的样子
You don't need to be what we want you to be
我们这一代的想象力
Because your future
不足以想象你们的未来
will be far beyond our imagination
如果你们依然需要我们的祝福
If you still need our wishes
那么
Well then
奔涌吧后浪
Surge on, young generations!
我们在同一条奔涌的河流
As we are in the same surging river.
用户评论