weibo、vx公众账号:马小甜儿,今天的课堂笔记也会更新在我的vx公号中。选音频,做笔记,剪片子,每一集的成型都需要几天的时间做准备,欢迎订阅、点赞,如果你喜欢的话,也请分享给你的朋友们!你们的支持是我的动力!
S1ep02
-BREE: And so, there’s just the four of us. My oldest son Andrew is 16, Danielle is 15, and...
这就是我们一家四口,大儿子 Andrew 16 岁,Danielle 15 岁。
-DR GOLDFINE: I don’t need to see pictures.
Bree,我不需要看这些照片。
Bree, you’ve spent most of the hour engaging in small talk.
你大部分时间都在说些鸡毛蒜皮的小事。
-BREE: Oh, have I? 哦,是吗?
-DR GOLDFINE: Yes. Rex has been very vocal about his issues.
Rex 对他的问题畅所欲言。
Don’t you want to discuss your feelings about your marriage?
你难道不想谈谈你对婚姻的感受吗?
-BREE: Um, Doc...mm...
嗯 医生,呃,
-REX: This is the thing you need to know about Bree.
你必须了解 Bree......
She doesn’t like to talk about her feelings.
她不愿意谈论她的感情。
To be honest, it’s hard to know if she has any.
老实说,很难知道她是否还有感情。
Does she feel anger, rage, ecstasy? Who knows? She’s always... pleasant.
她有过生气,勃然大怒或者欣喜若狂吗?谁知道?她总是显得很开心。
And I can’t tell you how annoying that is.
我无法描述这会让人多么恼火,
Whatever she feels is so far below the surface that.. that none can see...
不管她感觉如何,都隐藏在心里,没有人能知道。
she uses all those domestic things..
我感到她一直在用这些......
-DR GOLDFINE: Bree? Bree. Bree? Bree.
-BREE: What? I-I’m sorry.
什么?呃,很抱歉。
-DR GOLDFINE: Would you like to respond to what Rex just said?
你愿意谈谈刚刚 Rex 所说的吗?
-BREE: Oh, I... 呃,我...
-DR GOLDFINE: Is there some truth there? Do you use housework as a way to disengage emotionally?
他说的是真的吗?你用家务活去掩盖你的感情?
-BREE: Of course not. 当然不是。
-DR GOLDFINE: I’m sure Freud would not approve of this.
我肯定弗洛伊德肯定不赞成这样。
-BREE: Oh, who cares what he thinks?
哦,谁会在乎他怎么想?
I took psychology in college, we learned all about Freud. A miserable human being.
我大学修的是心理学,我们完全了解弗洛伊德。一个悲惨的人。
-DR GOLDFINE: What makes you say that? 你为什么这么说?
-BREE: Well, think about it. He grew up in the late 1800’s, there were no appliances back then.
他生活在 19 世纪晚期的环境中,那时候没什么设备可利用。
His mother had to do everything by hand, just backbreaking work from sunup to sundown.
他妈妈只好亲手打理所有的事情,从早到晚辛勤劳作。
Not to mention the countless other sacrifices she probably had to make to take care of her family.
更不用说为了家庭,她可能做出了无数的牺牲。
And what does he do?
他做什么了?
He grows up and becomes famous, peddling a theory that the problems of most adults can be traced back to something awful their mother has done.
他长大了,提出了一个沽名钓誉的理论,说什么大部分成人的问题。
可以追溯到他妈妈所 做的一些不好的事情。
She must have felt so betrayed.
她肯定感到自己被背叛的。
He saw how hard she worked; he saw what she did for him.
他知道她工作辛苦;也知道她为他所做的一切。
Did he even ever think to say, thank you? I doubt it.
doubt: 怀疑他想过要说声谢谢吗?我表示怀疑。
There you go.
给你。
-DR GOLDFINE: Just so you know, many of Freud’s theories have been discredited.
正如你知道的那样,很多弗洛伊德的理论都是名不副实的。
-BREE: Good. 很好。
美剧
影视英语
绝望主妇
陌上尘0514
不需要知识的延展。关键词难词讲一下就好。这样效率才高。