47 | 温柔的泰晤士河,轻轻的流,等我唱完我的歌 - The waste land

2023-07-09 11:46:5904:31 3204
声音简介

Hi everyone, welcome to the Leisure Park.


Today I want to share with you some quotes from the poem ‘The waste land’,written by T.S.Eliot.



What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow


这是什么根在抓着,是什么树杈


Out of this stony rubbish? Son of man,


从这片乱石里长出来?人子呵,


You cannot say, or guess, for you know only


你说不出,也猜不着,因为你只知道


A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,


一堆破碎的形象,受着太阳拍击,


And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief,


而枯树没有阴凉,蟋蟀不使人轻松,


And the dry stone no sound of water. Only


干石头发不出流水的声音。只有


There is shadow under this red rock,


一片阴影在这红色的岩石下,


(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),


(来吧,请走进这红岩石下的阴影)


And I will show you something different from either


我要指给你一件事,它不同于


Your shadow at morning striding behind you


你早晨的影子,跟在你后面走


Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;


也不象你黄昏的影子,起来迎你,


I will show you fear in a handful of dust.


我要指给你恐惧是在一撮尘土里。


 


'You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;


“一年前你初次给了我风信子,


'They called me the hyacinth girl.’


他们都叫我风信子女郎。


Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,


——可是当我们从风信子花园走回,天晚了,


Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not


你的两臂抱满,你的头发是湿的,


Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither


我说不出话来,两眼看不见,我


Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,


不生也不死,什么也不知道,


Looking into the heart of light, the silence.


看进光的中心,那一片沉寂。


 


(from I. THE BURIAL OF THE DEAD)


(选自 I.死者的葬礼)


 


The river's tent is broken: the last fingers of leaf


河边缺少了似帐篷的遮盖,树叶最后的手


Clutch and sink into the wet bank. The wind


没抓住什么而飘落到潮湿的岸上。风


Crosses the brown land, unheard. The nymphs are departed.


掠过棕黄的大地,无声的。仙女都走了。


Sweet Thames, run softly, till I end my song.


温柔的泰晤士,轻轻地流,等我唱完我的歌。


The river bears no empty bottles, sandwich papers,


河上不再漂着空瓶子,裹夹肉面包的纸,


Silk handkerchiefs, cardboard boxes, cigarette ends


绸手绢,硬纸盒子,吸剩的香烟头,


Or other testimony of summer nights. The nymphs are departed.


或夏夜的其它见证。仙女都走了。


And their friends, the loitering heirs of city directors;


还有她们的朋友,公司大亨的公子哥们,


Departed, have left no addresses.


走了,也没有留下地址。


By the waters of Leman I sat down and wept...


在莱芒湖边我坐下来哭泣……


Sweet Thames, run softly till I end my song,


温柔的泰晤士,轻轻地流,等我唱完我的歌。


Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.


温柔的泰晤士,轻轻地流吧,我不会大声,也说不多。


(From III. THE FIRE SERMON)


(选自 III. 火的说教)



今天的节目就到这里啦。欢迎订阅Leisure Park闲时公园。下期节目我们将一起欣赏赫罗尔德的诗歌< I'd Pick More Daisies>(我会采更多的雏菊)Seeyou next time.


 


用户评论

表情0/300
喵,没有找到相关结果~
暂时没有评论,下载喜马拉雅与主播互动